Author Topic: Something broke in a California C5 bike  (Read 2398 times)

eda1bulletc5

• Bulleteer
on: May 12, 2013, 06:26:15 am
Hi Folks,
I was trying to fit a cone air filter using a radiator tube as a plenum...got it all done; but at the end figured I had to route fuel type tube attached to the TB.
While trying to remove it; it seems I broke the plastic attachment. I am not sure what this is.
From the service manual - there is nothing connected at the same place of the TB.
Started the bike with this tube broken at the T section; there were no issues.
Is this really required?
How can take all the extra tubes that are for CA bikes?

Thanks in advance!

Attached are some pictures.
2011 RE C5 (@25K + miles)
2012 Honda NC700X 6-speed (sold @26K miles)
2013 BMW R1200RT (@43K + miles)

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:20:31 pm
I would think that might be the "vacuum" pull from the California emissions stuff.  The connection on the throttle body pulls fumes from tank via the charcoal canister.  You probably can get a replacement 'T' connector that will fit at a local auto parts store.

eda1bulletc5

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 04:34:39 pm
Hi Thanks!
I have removed the canister already. So do I need to connect to the T connector?
Looking through the service manual pictures (for bikes in India), it is left open.
If it will not cause any problems, then I will just leave it like what it is - not connected to the T connector...
What do you think?

I somehow just cant get my head around these tubes going all over CA model bikes!! :-)

Thanks again!

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 10:51:26 pm
Just plug the hole going into the injector. That hose is used to draw fumes from the tank into the engine. You can just remove the rest of the hoses. The only ones that are useful are the tank overflow tube that goes from the bottom of the tank to the front of the bike, and the breather hose from the crankcase to the air cleaner box. Replace that one with a tube that runs from the breather hole up and over the top of the frame to the rear by the back of the seat.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

eda1bulletc5

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 08:04:26 pm
Just plug the hole going into the injector. That hose is used to draw fumes from the tank into the engine. You can just remove the rest of the hoses. The only ones that are useful are the tank overflow tube that goes from the bottom of the tank to the front of the bike, and the breather hose from the crankcase to the air cleaner box. Replace that one with a tube that runs from the breather hole up and over the top of the frame to the rear by the back of the seat.
Bare
Hi Bare,
Thanks for the input. Have removed the tube from the TB to the T connector. Haven't removed the rest, seems like would have to remove the fuel tank - probably will get it done later...
The breather tube as of now I have just zip tied the OEM one to the frame. Will be getting some fuel tube to replace this and route it as you have suggested.
What is diameter of this tube?
Thanks again!
Regards,
Sajiv

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 08:58:24 pm
I think it's a 1/2" ID. Easy enough to check. Just look at the original one's hole!

Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com