Author Topic: C5-Front wheel Extreme WOBBLE @ 70 Miles Per Hour  (Read 11349 times)

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 07:55:52 pm
@portisheadric
Thanks, I will give that a shot if I can..all I have got on the tires are 3000miles and that too on perfect to excellent roads, I've done no rough roads or dirt roads....

I think I had even less than that when my handling started to deteriorate.

By way of consolation at least you can always refit the part worn tyre back onto the
wheel rim when its replacement wears out if it turns not to be the cause of your problem.
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

Roeland

• Grease Monkey
Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 03:59:38 pm
Hi, I had similar problems and took all the advise on this forum including wheel alignment, trueing of the wheels, changing front fork oil, etc... It was better for a while but now I changed the rubber to Continental TK 80 - 130 x 80 at the back AND 100 X 90 at the front. Besides the bike sitting about 1 inch higher; the rear suspension bottoming out easier (had to change to a stiffer setting); some loss in top speed (maybe I revert back to the 18 teeth instead of 19 teeth) I encounter again a slight wheel wobble at higher speeds (65 mph plus on GPS). I really love these tyres; they stick well on tar and are absolutely fabulous off road (compared to the Indian tyres that came standard with my bike). Instead of changing back to a more mundane "road" tyre I was considering perhaps to stiffen the front mudguard and perhaps welding in an additional stiffener in front of the rear wheel on the swing arm? Has anybody done this already? Does is help? Many Thanks Roeland

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 06:30:24 pm
I encounter again a slight wheel wobble at higher speeds (65 mph plus on GPS). I really love these tyres; they stick well on tar and are absolutely fabulous off road (compared to the Indian tyres that came standard with my bike). Instead of changing back to a more mundane "road" tyre I was considering perhaps to stiffen the front mudguard and perhaps welding in an additional stiffener in front of the rear wheel on the swing arm? Has anybody done this already? Does is help? Many Thanks Roeland

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,7951.60.html

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.