Author Topic: Where did the 'stay logged in forever' thingy go?  (Read 3530 times)

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
I might just be missing it but... last night I was tinkering and posting at the same time. I had about finished a post but went out to tinker some more. I then forgot about the post and went to bed.

This morning I wake up to find i am logged out when I try to post the post I had written.

Not much was lost but it was still an annoyance.
"Counted his friends in burned-out spark plugs
and prays that he always will.

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

Married with three kids up by the ring road
sold their souls straight down the line.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 11:59:23 pm
I've also noticed that the site boots me out after a while.

More than once I was actively on the site when I started writing something to post and when I hit the "Post" button, nothing happens......   :(

I've learned that when this happens I need to highlight and copy everything I've written to my computers temporary memory.

Then, by hitting the refresh arrow on my web browser I am suddenly at the site but I'm not logged in. :(  :(

By re-logging in I can get back to the topic I was writing in and finally post my thoughts. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 09:12:39 am
I do the same thing just in case I accidentally delete it or back browse by accident... copy paste is a lifesaver...

But he's the last of the blue blood greaser boys all of his mates are doing time:

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 12:16:01 am
Its right there. If you delete cookies form your computer (some browsers automatically do it at fixed intervals) you could lose login info.

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 05:10:51 am
My login is at the top of the  screen...  Weird...

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 07:47:28 am
Ah Ha!  1 thumps picture shows the key to the dilemma.

Yes, there is a "logon" at the top of the screen but it doesn't offer the ability to change the length of time before you are automatically booted out.

If you are not logged in, over on the left side is another "logon" with the ability to select the time span before your automatically booted.  This doesn't show up if you are already logged on.

(Now that I've used it and said that, just watch!  The next time I come here I'll have to log in again.)  ;D
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

GreenForce82

• Frank The TECH
  • Grease Monkey
  • The Dude Abides
Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 02:20:14 pm
Groovy, I will fix that as soon as I logon with my laptop, as a matter of fact my phone is always logged in...  So I shoulda known it was still there...  Duh.