Author Topic: UCE Bike Pics at the Swiss RE Club web site...  (Read 16535 times)

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
on: June 08, 2008, 10:23:54 pm
The Swiss Royal Enfield club has some neat pictures of the new UCE bike here:
http://www.royalenfield.ch/Neue_RE_Bullet_500_Electra_EFI.html
I like it!  'Course, I like my Iron Barrel Classic better... but the new UCE still isn't an assticized plasticized 'thing' like most 2 wheelers out there now.  I'll bet the fenders are still metal.  (my '07 Bonneville Black has plastic ones, can you believe?  Geez! :P)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 09:41:49 pm by meilaushi »
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 10:45:24 pm
The heck with the UCE did you see the "Harley Babe"?

prof_stack

Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 05:35:57 pm
The right profile of the engine looks hideous to me.  The left side looks great.  Are there any ride reports or magazine reviews of the UCE Electra yet?

stipa

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:17:42 pm

There might be a more favorable opinion of the UCE  if there was an Enfield babe attached to it.

greenolive

• Scooter
  • They like to be ridden...
Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 01:53:43 am

There might be a more favorable opinion of the UCE  if there was an Enfield babe attached to it.
[/quote]

My attention was definitely diverted. The UCE is going to take some getting use to. I,m glad they kept a classic retro overall look to the bike.

Now, excuse me while I go back to Harley-plus.
07 Military
06 Triumph Scrambler

deejay

Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 03:07:11 am
I'll bet the fenders are still metal.  (my '07 Bonneville Black has plastic ones, can you believe?  Geez! :P)

Really? I had a 2005 bonnie black and they were metal, the fake toolboxes were plastic though.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 05:38:12 pm
Let me remind ya'll tha the UCE Electra is a stopgap measure for Europe only. Those importers who didn't load up on AVL engines before Euro 111 came in could only sell the UCE. Since the bike it was intended for will not be introduced until Intermot in Cologne Germany this fall, the bike in the picture is sort of a mutant. We will never see the bike in the US and I doubt you will see it in the UK or Germany.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Bankerdanny

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 11:28:34 pm
I liked the speedo tho.
Endeavor To Persevere

Current: '75 Honda CB550F, '76 Honda CB750F. Previous:  2007 Yamaha Vino 125, '75 Harley FXE Superglide, '77 GL1000 Goldwing, '77 Honda CB550K, '02 Royal Enfield Bullet 500ES, '68 Suzuki K11, '68 Yamaha YR2, '69 BMW R69S, '71 Honda SL175

Snakebite

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 06:46:26 pm
Since I've decided to wait on purchasing a RE until the UCE arrives in the states, does anyone have an inside track or well founded rumor about what it will be available on?

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 09:44:17 pm
I musta missed that one.  ...Dang Swiss didn't put on a babe.  Just the RE on their site.  Ah well.
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.

TBDN

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 03:08:08 am
Hello Bullet afficionados! Good riding through the lovely summer to all of you!

I signed up last week for the Royal Enfield newsletter and just got an e-mail telling me that a completely new model is expected in the USA next yuear and that it would be shown in Europe this Fall. For all the secrecy, Enfield should make sure that we get a sneak peek at pics before the Europeans do. After all, those devils are going to be able to buy and ride the bikes before us! ;D I hope Enfield agree to this reasoning.

In any case, I hope we see the new model by next spring - it would be nice to buy the bike in the spring and ride it through the summer. Yes, I owned a Bullet and the now discontinued Crusader in India and am looking forward to the new model and hoping to buy and customize one in the coming months.

Hope to check in here from time to time and to meet up with you fine folk in the future!

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 05:41:16 am
^ yeah, i got that newsletter too. i'm a little concerned about the "new" bike it's going to be on. if it doesn't have the same old-skool aesthetic of the bullet, i may not be as inclined to purchase. yes, this does mean it could potentially be a highway runner, but i love the look of the Bullet, and if they give it up entirely, i won't be all that happy.

VMAX

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 03:01:25 am
Ralph: The Harley Babe is there. Just takes a little looking.

RE1 said this one is for Europe only, does that mean we won't see any RE Babe's in the US  :'(

Yep I was distracted too  :o
Ride Safe - Check 6 - REA #9
05' RE 500 Classic Bullet ES w/Cozy Bullet
Liberator Motorcycle Ministry

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 03:15:32 am
I'll be very interested to see what the new US version of the "classic" looks like.

If it's styled after the Model G, like the rumors say, that would be pretty good looking.
Not sure how they are going to make that new UCE powerplant look like it belongs in there, though.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Puddlejumper

• Scooter
Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 06:16:14 am
I don't remember where I saw it, but somewhere I read that the UCE had hydraulic valves.

Does this mean no valve adjustments?

I wish they would hurry up and git-er-done.  ;D

BeSafe
PJ
"Lo que no mata, engorda"