Author Topic: The UK importer is now listing the UCE bike for later this year.  (Read 7778 times)

Spitting Bull

• Grand Gearhead
Watsonian Squire is now including the UCE bike on their website.  Machines are said to be expected in the UK "towards the end of 2008" which is, by my reckoning, sometime soon.

Here's the link - http://www.royal-enfield.com/bullet_uce_efi.htm

Tom

One cylinder is enough for anyone.

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 08:36:23 pm
Did you see the position of the chain? It's on the right! Do you know how hard that will be to get used to oiling your chain? It's going to be like us Yanks driving on the left! ;)

Spitting Bull

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 08:45:57 pm
It also has a "low fuel" warning light (not a bad idea) and what seems to be a warning light which tells you there's an engine problem......... :o 

Tom
One cylinder is enough for anyone.

PhilJ

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 09:13:15 pm
And from what I read Tom, you'll be able to diagnose the problem yourself as apposed to taking to a dealer for computer analysis.

doomed1

• The Pirate King
  • Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 01:32:56 am
you know, i really do like the look of this engine. it gives a distinctive classical feel, at least in the sense of looking at older UC engines built by RE, but at the same time providing some solid modern reliability and performance, which we all should want as well. color me excited for late November :D

Bath Bullet

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 08:36:12 am
And from what I read Tom, you'll be able to diagnose the problem yourself as apposed to taking to a dealer for computer analysis.
Wrong, it will probably mean a new ECU, but you would need dealership diagnosis.
I had enough of all that with my Aprilia RST 1000 and Piaggio.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 08:37:57 am by Scots Bullet »
Best regards
Terry
BITING THE BULLET:  2001 500 CLASSIC living in Sunny Bat, Somerset
Also 2008 TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE 865 EFI

staib

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 09:33:49 am
I bought a lean burn engined Bullet specifically to avoid those kinds of dealer reliance issues with the new efi engine. But apart from that I also suspect that the efi engine won't display the same sort of visceral feedback - not just the vibrations and sounds but those distinctive pops and burbles when you roll off the throttle, that the Amal carb at any rate seems to induce.  I took my younger son for a ride the other ride and he said it was more like riding on the back of a Dragon!  I rather liked that.  :)
Nick
"Vixen" 500cc Royal Enfield Electra Classic
"Blondie" Piaggio X9 500cc maxi-scooter
"Zoomer" 50cc Honda Ruckus

Previous rides include: H-D Sportster, BMW R65 and K100, various Hondas and a Ducati

Jon

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 05:05:29 pm
I think I need an iron engined classic an AVL and a UCE...........

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 05:36:17 pm

Wrong, it will probably mean a new ECU, but you would need dealership diagnosis.
I had enough of all that with my Aprilia RST 1000 and Piaggio.

According to Kevin the owner will have the ability to diagnose problems:

"Royal Enfield did something very unique. They insisted that Kehein design a diagnostic system into the EFI that the home mechanic is capable of using with almost no training whatsoever. Basically, a wire from the EFI "brain" is run to ground and the ignition is turned on. The "check engine light" which is common to all closed loop systems then blinks in different sequences depending upon what is wrong with the system. You can figure out what is wrong is 5 minutes or less"./i]

Read this string:  http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/forum/index.php/topic,981.0.html
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

Bath Bullet

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 09:22:01 pm
That would be brilliant, not having to rely on the dealership, if Enfield can do it other big manufactures could as well......................................but I bet they never will!
Not when its so easy to knock up a service bill of £375 for a Maxi-Scooter!
One of the reasons I have come back to this 'retro' style of motorcycle, symplicity.
Best regards
Terry
BITING THE BULLET:  2001 500 CLASSIC living in Sunny Bat, Somerset
Also 2008 TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE 865 EFI

meilaushi

• Grease Monkey
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Ride!
Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 10:44:06 pm
I think I need an iron engined classic an AVL and a UCE...........

That sounds like excellent thinking to me! :D
Ralph Meyer
2008 RE Classic Bullet ES :) "Ennypenny" (It's an Enfield and costs pennies to run!)
2010 RE Deluxe G-5 :)) "Eagle"
2010 BMW F800ST
Ridin' 58 years & counting!  Back roads are fun! Member IBA.