Author Topic: New Plant Details and slideshow  (Read 2510 times)

Joel-in-dallas

• Grease Monkey
on: May 02, 2013, 03:29:32 am
This article talks about the enhanced levels of production.
It is clear to me that RE is planning on not just meeting the demand in India. But to expand in other countries as well.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/slideshows/auto/royal-enfields-orgadam-plant-can-churn-out-one-motorcycle-a-minute/slideshow/19814962.cms

I am happy for them. I do hope the G5 sticks around for a little while. But either way I am an RE fan.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 05:38:00 am
Wow, they put a lot of money into that factory.  I believe they can put out a bike per minute, you can tell that factory is set up for extremely high production.  I'm excited to see how this will change the future of RE.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Ekatus Atimoss

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 07:18:25 am
Nice slideshow. Nice plant. Looks really good to me. I'd expect quality to improve a bit. Too late for my C5, but then..  ;D

regards
Michael
dopo notte, atra e funesta, splende in ciel piĆ¹ vago il sole e di gioia empie la terra
2012 C5 built for comfort, not for speed (click for pictures)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 12:28:22 pm
RE has gone from around 20,000-25,000 units a year just five or six years ago to 1,13,000 units (including 3,500 exports) last fiscal.

3% exported.  With those numbers, I'm amazed that we get any attention at all...

walken4life

• Bulleteer
  • 2002 Bullet Deluxe
Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 01:17:02 pm
It is a nice looking facility.  Perhaps in the not too distant future this factory will be producing the new Mighty Interceptor :-).

I really like those dark blue RE polo shirts with the gold trim that the assembly line workers are wearing.  I would totally rock one of those in the office.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 06:33:14 pm
Perhaps in the not too distant future this factory will be producing the new Mighty Interceptor :-).

Or delivering the mighty Cafe Racer!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Joel-in-dallas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 07:01:53 pm
So Bare?
What happened to your RE?
You list it as
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP).

Sorry in advance if I am bringing up bad memories.

Cheers,
Joel.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 08:19:16 pm
I was going around a tight left hand corner about 45 mph on one of our favorite little narrow twisty roads when a Ford pickup came the opposite direction in my lane. I had to dodge him which had me heading for the edge of the road. I went off and bounced off a hillside back into the road. The truck didn't stop. The next thing I remember after being hitting the hillside was getting loaded into the meat wagon. I had, according to the Doctors, 9 broken ribs, a concussion, (I'll vouch for that. I didn't even know what year it was when I woke up!) and a very sore left shoulder and arm.
Progressive got ahold of the bike and decided unilaterally to total it. They didn't even talk to me about it. After I got out of the hospital, I went to visit it and, frankly, the damage was on top. the headlight rings were bashed, (The headlight survived) the master cylinder was beat up. The handle bars were pushed down. Honestly couldn't tell whether they were bent or not. The stuff on the bars would probably need replacement. The tank was bashed and the seat was ripped. The rear sets may have been slightly tweaked, but nothing that couldn't have easily been straightened and the muffler was bent. the rest of it looked alright to me. I told Progressive I didn't want it totaled and they basically said, "Tough Shit, take the offer or get nothing!"  They offered to sell it back to me, but it wouldn't have a title if they did and I would have to get a Salvage title. I didn't want to do that as I've heard weird things about them.  So they paid me off which was actually not a bad deal, but now I have to wait forever to get a Cafe Racer. It took me a couple of years to get that one the way I wanted it and they just took all that away. I am not a happy camper with them. So as far as I'm concerned, Progressive basically stole my motorcycle from me. They are not on my list of insurance companies to do business with when the new one gets here.
My body healed up quite nicely. No issues.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Joel-in-dallas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 09:17:59 pm
Wow.... That sounds like a scary accident. I am glad you are ok.
I hope you get that Cafe Racer soon.

I have to admit that I am still scared by what I see people do on the road. But I think to some degree that is a good thing. I am getting a bit more confortable every time I ride.