Author Topic: Short Video Of My '58 Trailblazer  (Read 1602 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
on: April 30, 2013, 06:10:48 pm
I'm pretty much finished with the restoration on my '58 Indian Trailblazer.  There's a few small things mechanically that I need to straighten out, but I at least have it running and ready to ride.  Well, short rides until I get everything straightened out with the auto-advance.

Mods include: Cocktail Shaker exhaust, Thorspark Electronic Ignition Conversion, Sparx Rectifier with a 4BS AGM battery, all new custom wiring (still need to finish it completely), and a side mount license plate mount with a '33 Ford Roadster tail light.

Anyways, here's a short walk around video of the bike idling and little short rev at the end.

http://youtu.be/PKSkAo1XxEM

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 11:57:40 pm
Beautiful work! Seems like yesterday you posted that pic on phototag for valentines day. It's come a long way since then!

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 01:25:14 am
Scottie... WOW.  That is a gorgeous motorcycle.  You did an amazing job.  Looks newer than my '07 AVL!  It looks pretty rough and old in the before pics, and pretty damn shiny and new in the walk around.

The paint job and Indian logo are stellar.  Great work.  And the sound!  I've never heard a bike quite like that.  Really nice.  It's like an angry monster.

What a cool bike man... you should be pretty proud of that one.  A job well, well done.  You are going to turn some heads on that ride.  If I could change one thing, I'd love to see a tan saddled on there, but that's just me.  Just to seal the classic deal.

Congrats man.  What a ride.

Boggy
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:28:28 am by boggy »
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 03:54:25 am
Sounds great Scottie.  It will sound even better when you can get the idle speed down.

One thing to remember about these bit 700cc twins is the lower end was designed for a 500cc engine so treat it carefully.
It wasn't until the Interceptor II that the lower end was strengthened for all those cc's.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 05:56:12 am
Scottie... WOW.  That is a gorgeous motorcycle.  You did an amazing job.  Looks newer than my '07 AVL!  It looks pretty rough and old in the before pics, and pretty damn shiny and new in the walk around.

The paint job and Indian logo are stellar.  Great work.  And the sound!  I've never heard a bike quite like that.  Really nice.  It's like an angry monster.

What a cool bike man... you should be pretty proud of that one.  A job well, well done.  You are going to turn some heads on that ride.  If I could change one thing, I'd love to see a tan saddled on there, but that's just me.  Just to seal the classic deal.

Congrats man.  What a ride.

Boggy

Boggy - It certainly turns heads, and when I rode it to work on Saturday people were flocked around it all day.  I must have had some 20-30 people ask me about it.  I can proudly say that the Hardly owners were quite envious.    ;)  And it's funny you mention the seat like that.  I was actually thinking the EXACT same thing.  I'm going to get some tan leather and a punch set and hand lace a leather seat cover.  I also think it would seal the deal on the custom vintage look.

As far as the idle goes, I got it straitened out today.  I couldn't get any adjustment out of the carb so I retarded the timing about 5 degrees and it settled right down where it needed to be and is now running great.  In fact it's running so good it won't start with the choke closed.  I got it out on the highway today and opened it up to an indicated 93mph before I ran into traffic.  The bike felt great!

I'll try to post another video tomorrow of the bike idling correctly.  Cheers!

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 10:54:39 am
Nice bike!
Home of the Fireball 535 !