Author Topic: Exhaust crack at muffler joint <HELP>  (Read 9301 times)

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 09:16:39 pm
I agree, something is putting stress on the weld. I can see one breaking, as a result of a defect, but 2 in a row? Nope, something is misaligned.

+1
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

Markasaur

• Scooter
  • '12 C5 Mil green
Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 09:22:14 pm
I agree as well, even called up a RE dealer in Texas and just from the description I gave over the phone they concur as well. I just hope the guys who have my bike now see what the cause is, and don't just patch it.    I'll keep my fingers crossed..

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 09:24:26 pm
+2.  If the header cracked there's an alignment problem, support problem, or both.

If its not fixed to your satisfaction call CMW directly and ask for help.

Scott

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 11:17:29 pm
Sorry to hear that Victory BMW (Chandler, Arizona) is being such an ass hole about this.

I was toying with talking to them about buying a new C5 to add to my G5 in the stable but I resent people mistreating their customers in any way, shape or form.

They owe it to you to fix your motorcycle ASAP without giving you any crap for asking about it.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 12:26:45 am
Sorry to hear that Victory BMW (Chandler, Arizona) is being such an ass hole about this.

I was toying with talking to them about buying a new C5 to add to my G5 in the stable but I resent people mistreating their customers in any way, shape or form.

They owe it to you to fix your motorcycle ASAP without giving you any crap for asking about it.

+1  Amen to that Brother.

I never understood why some dealerships (bike or car) act like you're putting them out or you're lying about a problem when you bring in your vehicle under warranty.  I mean, that's the WHOLE point of having a warranty.  Dicks.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #20 on: May 15, 2013, 04:25:07 am
Was the header cracked before you took the bike in? in my limited exp it would be quite easy to stress it whilst removing\replacing the muffler, esp. if you were in a hurry or didn't care much. personally i like to do my own work as much as possible coz i find it hard to place my trust unknown mechanics and\or workshop cultures. hope you get a good outcome soon. cheers.
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

Markasaur

• Scooter
  • '12 C5 Mil green
Reply #21 on: May 15, 2013, 06:56:47 pm
100% agree with everyone here, i would love to just take it back to my garage and do the work myself, but free parts through warranty are much better then paying out of pocket. 

I got a voicemail today. The service guy received all the parts, put it back together, but did so using the old gasket, pretty obviously  that didn't work, and its leaking out exhaust at the head.. they didn't order a gasket, so now I'm stuck waiting until Tuesday to have it come in and for them to out it back together again....  Never freaking again. (im a bit peeved currently) but this place is full of techs that Do Nnow what they are doing...

Been there 12 days now, and still waiting. I can assure you they want the full months payment for the thing though. If I was any bit mire crazy, I would go in there Hulk out and toss the place a new one.. I am however, mild mannered and will probably just go to the shooting range later to let this feeling out..