Author Topic: Exhaust Mods vs Emissions Checks  (Read 4634 times)

bluesdaddy2

• Grease Monkey
  • aka Ross
Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 01:41:07 pm
Well, after all, it is California.  ;)
I have no plans to take mine to CA or the LA areas anytime soon.  OK, my Girl Friend is in San Diego so maybe... :)

Just made my buy on a 2013 C5 Friday. Am getting it with a Cobra low-profile seat, have ordered an EFI up swept silencer, and plan to add bags later. Delivery will be in about 10 days, and then I can get familiar with it on the 70-75 mile trip back to home.
One stoked road runner here.  :D

I'd like to hear your impression of the Cobra seat after you've tried her out.  Maybe a couple of pics if you get a chance.  Thanks.
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome/Black
1938 Harley-Davidson Model U (patiently waiting some TLC)
1975 HD Sportster (Gone but not forgotten)

Vergennes, VT
Ilion, NY

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 06:32:38 pm
Congrats on the purchase. You will enjoy it.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 11:52:55 pm
heloego
Try to figure out some backroads to use for your trip home from the dealer.

New RE's have a fairly long break in period that doesn't like speeds above 40-45mph for the first 300 miles.  Plan on stopping every so often to let the engine cool down a bit and don't ride at one constant speed.
Even after the oil change at 300 miles it is a good idea to keep the speed below 50-55 mph until you get 600 miles on it.

I know your going to enjoy your new bike and, welcome to the Enfieldmotorcycle site. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #18 on: May 07, 2013, 06:09:14 am
Thanks all!
I've really enjoyed browsing through the Forums due to the wealth of info and help here!
I feel I'm joining a new family in the surest sense of the word!

Thanks for the break-in tip, arizoni. I've already got the roads figured out so I can keep the speed below 50. Will go through Los Alamos and the Jemez Mtns. Plenty of curves, resting pull-outs, and slow spots through three or four villages before hitting the city streets and home. Should get about 100-125 miles on the first ride.

As for the Cobra seat, I chose it so it'll drop my butt about 3.5". That'll keep my feet flat on the ground when stopped. Combined with the 19" front wheel, it should give me the ergonomics I'm most comfortable with. And yes, bluesdaddy2! Count on the pics as I get and mod it!

Right now the only down side is the waiting. ;-)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

bluesdaddy2

• Grease Monkey
  • aka Ross
Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 12:22:29 pm
And yes, bluesdaddy2! Count on the pics as I get and mod it!

Right now the only down side is the waiting. ;-)

The waiting is hard........  When I ordered my 2012 C5 Special (Chrome/Black) I waited about three weeks before "a" bike showed up.  I was at the shop the day the bike came in and when they opened the crate we found a C5 Black.  Nice bike, but not the one I wanted.  About 3 more weeks of waiting till she showed up but I have to say it was worth the wait.  Tons of fun....... :)
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome/Black
1938 Harley-Davidson Model U (patiently waiting some TLC)
1975 HD Sportster (Gone but not forgotten)

Vergennes, VT
Ilion, NY