Author Topic: Bullet Conquers San Francisco  (Read 4946 times)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 05:44:30 am
You folks could always meet at Alice's Restaurant up on Skyline drive and show the crotch rocket boys what a real motorcycle looks and sounds like.   ;D ;D
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 05:55:10 am
rio vista sounds good. probably a little cooler too, what with the 90 degree heat lately.
I agree the Delta ride would be cooler and much bearable in Rio Vista.
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 06:42:09 pm
You folks could always meet at Alice's Restaurant up on Skyline drive and show the crotch rocket boys what a real motorcycle looks and sounds like.   ;D ;D

cream of Jalapeno soup with sourdough bread  .......   sitting here on the "middle coast"  I miss parts of California.........
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 08:19:29 pm
I visited San Fran with my wife about 2 years ago and we've been wanting to go back ever since.  Such a fun and unique city.  We were only able to go for the weekend so we didn't get to see nearly enough.  I loved China Town!  Went to get "real" Chinese food and the waitress just kept saying "You want dim sum"...  To this day I'm still not sure if she was asking us if we wanted dim sum, or if she was telling us that we wanted dim sum.    ;D

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 01:21:58 am
if not our taillights!
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

Boots

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: May 05, 2013, 07:12:53 pm
I ride to Alice's Restaraunt at least once a month. There's always a great mix of bikes up there, without any one group dominating the other. Vintage, sport, cruisers, standards, scooters and some things that don't look quite road ready, but are there just the same. Generally a very nice atmosphere. It's the ride itself, as they say, amidst rolling pastoral hills and lush dense redwood forest, rather than the destination... not to take anything away from Alice's.
Boots

2012 Royal Enfield B5 ~ The Raven ~
Ya, I know it's slow. But I've always been a little slow. (budump bump!)

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 03:05:55 am
I was just there on Friday. Had the hillbilly benedict- poached eggs on bacon on biscuits covered in gravy. So good! It must be time for dinner.

patndhat

• Scooter
Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 09:33:04 pm
I've got 1200 miles on my new C5, and it's a daily driver from SF to Oakland. Perfect bike for the City or the East Bay, but a bit prone to picking up the rain grooves on the bridge. From SF to Oaktown the first half of the bridge has 'em...and of course going from Oakland to SF it's the second half...essentially it's the difference between the two halves of the Bay Bridge. SF side is groovy. Anybody coming to SF on their Enfield should know. Makes for a wobbly ride, as if the wind weren't enough...you get used to it of course, but the first couple of times it was a bit alarming. I'm used to heavier bikes.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:42:30 pm by patndhat »

patndhat

• Scooter
Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 09:44:58 pm
SF notes...BTW everyone coming to SF who might need a good wrench should check in with Mark at Scuderia West. His guys are the best. They just did my first service, and took care of lots of extra stuff without charging me anything extra. Real gentlemen, and top notch mechanics. They just started carrying the RE line, and as you might imagine in SF they're selling very well. It's a bikers' City.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #24 on: May 08, 2013, 09:55:47 pm
Glad to hear they are doing well with the RE line.  Didn't seem like the last dealer cared much about RE.

Scott

jartist

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 06:02:00 am
The last guys had the enfields in the back behind a row of flashy ducatis. The new shop has them proudly showcased in the window and up front and center where they should be.