Author Topic: Took the plunge and got a new bike  (Read 1540 times)

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
on: April 26, 2013, 12:00:35 pm
Well I found a happy buyer for my C5 military and not only is the buyer of my bike happy but so am I as i am now a proud owner of a BMW F700GS.
Let me say that while I owned me RE I was truly in love with it from beginning to end as it suited my needs to a tee, that being back road trips near to where I live. Now my needs have changed and I will need to get on a major highway to meet up with my daughter who has just purchased a bike of her own.
I'm sure that you fellow RE ownes on this forum will understand why I had to make the change to a more suitable bike for my present needs. I would still like to take part in this forum as I've found some great poeple out amongst you who were ready to give sage advise whenever it was needed.
So this is not goodby but just an update of my status. I will still have a place in my heart for my old thumper and, who knows, maybe I will win the lottery some day and be able to afford all the bikes that I want, one of them being an RE C5 Military Classic!!!
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 12:10:30 pm
bman - you can take the Maine redneck out of the woods, but he's always gonna be a Maine redneck...

Enjoy your new bike!

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 05:19:47 pm
Agreed. Once an Enfielder, always.  Stick around.  Also, your new Beemer is imaginary unless you have photographic proof.

I wrestled a long time with getting a new (to me) bike and keeping or selling the Enfield. I was in a place where I could keep it so I did.  Good thing, my new (to me) bike was stolen after only two rides.  I was glad I had back up.

New parallel twin F700, right?  Post up a pic when you can.

Boggy
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 08:05:40 pm
Sorry to hear of your deprivation! Well, enjoy the Beemer, anyway!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

bman734

• Grease Monkey
  • If it smells nasty, don't eat it
Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 11:35:45 am
Boo hoo, just gave up the green machine this morning and I'm already missing her company! Oh well some things just have to be let go.
Royal Enfield C5 Military
Suzuki SP370
Honda CX650
Yamaha XS650