Author Topic: Hagon Shocks  (Read 1626 times)

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
on: April 25, 2013, 11:05:00 pm
I just ordered Hagon Shocks from Dave Quinn this morning, I
Just wanted to double check...The Recomendation was for 90LB
I weigh 170 Lbs wet I believe Dave added 15 Pounds extra as I dont carry a passener to a total of 185 Lbs..
In California, I just ride  normal roads and quite a few back roads,which are usually in good condition, I do the twisties once in a while and rarely go into the wilderness...
Just wanting to double check if I had the correct Fittings..and size.
Cheers
Mark
NB: reading Scottys write up and the instructions on getting off the top shrouds did help me in making my choice..Thanks Scottie and hopefully I will do that ride to Oregon soon and buy you that cup of coffee. or the Oregon Chai if you prefer. :)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:08:29 pm by Bulletman »
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:36:30 am
Here are the $99. pair of shocks I bought from:
MotorcyclesolutionsLLC.com , They are the correct 12.5" length, correct weight springs, & totally Chrome plated.  I could not be more pleased with them.
  Only mentioning because not everyone can afford HAGONS, & these are way better than stock, & good as any I've owned over the last 30 years.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

Blairio

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 06:42:45 am
Here in the UK Wassell make good quality Armstrong & Girling clones at a much more reasonable price than the Hagons. They are around £80 for a pair with shrouds, instead of around £200 for the shrouded Hagons).  Check out:

http://www.bike-revival.co.uk/brit.html

I have a pair of the shrouded versions on my 'Frannie B' F70, a picture of which is featured on the site. They work well, and clean up nicely.  In winter the shrouds keep all the road filth off the springs, dampers, seals, etc. Very Good value.

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 08:22:00 am
Thank you both Craig and Blairio, I appreciate the input, I will definitely keep it in mind for my next bike.
Cheers
Mark
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

kammersangerin

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 01:58:49 pm
Thanks Craig, because I would have been happy to spend less on something good and workable for my bike. I am not unhappy with the hagons, but I have spent a lot on bikes in the last few years with middling results, and would like a break.