Author Topic: Headlight  (Read 3613 times)

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 10:31:06 pm
Mentioned this before; The 7" DIAMOND CUT REFLECTORS with clear lenses throw enough light everywhere in front of the bike, that aiming isn't as critical, most even have pilot light bulbs. They can be found on EBAY & are very reasonable. I bought the conversion ring kit from india, & it was as good a quality as the original hedlight ring. But, I chose to use the stock base ring instead, after cutting out all the tabs, to make additional room for the deeper 7" reflector. I'm also using a peaked chinese CJ motorcycle outside 7" rim. see pix of my conversion below.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

Royalista

• phaneropter
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 09:32:31 pm
Thanks, that's sensible.
Refitting is too.
moriunt omnes pauci vivunt

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 01:24:22 am
The Canadian bikes come with the puny 5 bulb. You are welcome to have mine for cost of shipping. Comes with the chrome rings too. I replaced it with a 7inch minda before I toke the bike out of the crate.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 11:37:15 pm
In getting ready to list some parts on ebay, I came across a 7" Diamond cut refector, that I no longer need. NO BULBS INCLUDED. it Has a pilot light socket for a wedge bulb. Interestingly the springy bulb cover vibrates as you ride, giving the light a noticable firefly effect. Also diamond cut reflectors throw way more light,  & overcome many aiming issues. I recomend using your existing R.E. deep base ring by cutting out all the tabs, & buying only the outside ring & spring clips. Heres the good news. $25. & Free shipping to lower 48 states.   SEE PHOTO BELOW...
Best Wishes, Craig McClure