Author Topic: NY Metro-area dealers  (Read 1489 times)

wmjosel

• Scooter
on: April 17, 2013, 11:03:45 pm
Anyone have any opinions--good, bad or indifferent--about the NY Metro area dealers?  I am going to need to drive a minimum of 30 minutes to visit any of them and am trying to find the most newbie-friendly one I can.  Also, I saw on its website that New Haven Powersports offers demo rides (which the others don't mention) so I was thinking that alone may give them an edge.  Any input is appreciated.

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 06:54:04 am
New Yorkers really don't have a monopoly on rude - plenty everywhere. I usually have good luck feeling out merchants over the phone, calling & asking lots of questions. I go see the one I have the best impression of. Works for me 100%.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 02:08:54 pm
My vote goes to Mike DePalo at U.K. Motorsports in Oakdale N.Y. (that's on Long Island). I bought my '06 new from him and it was set up perfectly and it ran like a champ for many thousands of miles before I started messing with it. ::) ;D
http://www.ukmotorsports.com/
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

Michael Marsceill

• Scooter
  • 2009 AVL Deluxe
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 04:54:40 pm
Strong second for Mike DePalo. After phone conversations with him and his associates, I drove up there from Philadelphia to get my '09 AVL Deluxe. The bike was set up beautifully. I added the Goldstar exhaust. He installed it, rejetted the carb and drove the bike a few miles to confirm everything was good. 3 years later and I've not had a hiccup. He's an old school bike guy and is responsible for the Enfields at that dealership.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 05:48:44 pm
Strong second for Mike DePalo. After phone conversations with him and his associates, I drove up there from Philadelphia to get my '09 AVL Deluxe. The bike was set up beautifully. I added the Goldstar exhaust. He installed it, rejetted the carb and drove the bike a few miles to confirm everything was good. 3 years later and I've not had a hiccup. He's an old school bike guy and is responsible for the Enfields at that dealership.

That's strong praise and also evidence that he's a dealer who has known the bikes for while and knows what it takes to set them up right.  A little extra TLC setting them up at the dealer is a must for the UCE bikes. 

Scott

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 06:29:22 pm
That's strong praise and also evidence that he's a dealer who has known the bikes for while and knows what it takes to set them up right.  A little extra TLC setting them up at the dealer is a must for the UCE bikes. 

Scott
FWIW, Mike set up all of Billy Joel's Bullets. Check these babies out.
http://www.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=billy+joel+royal+enfield+bullet&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&e
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 06:31:37 pm by Chuck D »
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120