Author Topic: Parts for a 2008 Bullet 500 ES  (Read 1865 times)

bitphire

• Scooter
on: April 15, 2013, 12:43:16 am
I have been googling my butt off trying to find a starter solenoid for my girlfriends bike. The electric start wasn't working at all. If you tap the solenoid while pressing the start button you can hear the starter spin (no gear in there yet so it free spins). So I assume that means the solenoid is bad and I was trying to see what they cost but can't find them anywhere. I live in the states (Texas) and was hoping someone could share where they buy their parts from. I like E-Bay but couldn't find the solenoid :(

Thank you all

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 05:09:12 am
Call Nfield Gear a.k.a. the store at 1-800-358-0938  :)
No matter where you go, there, you are.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 04:49:40 pm
While you are at it, check your battery as well.

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 07:20:43 pm
NField Gear (me) sells a universal replacement that is a better unit than stock. It requires a bit of wire splicing but.....
The solonoid can be a real weak point on these older bikes. If you get much voltage drop at all they will usually buzz and nothing will happen. A GREAT battery is required. I also like to run a ground wire directly from the battery to the unit. I think that part of it is that there are other devices on the same circuit that can rob volts from the system.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

bitphire

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 10:04:35 pm
That battery is new and the solenoid works if you tap it otherwise it's dead silent. I just called NField Gear and hopefully once money gets here on the 1st we can get it ordered.  Part Number: 560132/A if anyone finds this from google.

Thank you all for the info.