Author Topic: Intermittent engine noise, hard starting  (Read 5185 times)

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 07:04:48 am
Hello 1Thump, I did try to get a place equipped with Dyno here in my city but no luck!

Also, the pilot is not much rich, spark color is dark chocolate brown. Planning to move down to smaller main jets tho. I was actually so paranoid about running rich that I ended up running UNI air filter without the oil :P  I must say that it runs really lean with that set up but I made sure the air fuel mixture was set according to the filter's needs. No popping when de-accelerating :)

I think I will go for a decarb or atleast take the head off and see whats going on in there. The low end revs are really noisy, sounds like as if a bunch of nuts are going crazy under the tank but it all smoothens out when I rev it higher.

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 02:52:56 pm
Sanket
Your plug is chocolate brown because of your overall riding not just the low end circuit. You are probably seriously lean in the needle/needle jet. Before anything else, richen that circuit. Your engine is doomed if you dont fix this pinging ASAP.

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 03:11:33 pm
I am using a VM34-168 carb and have 159-n8 needle which works for RE engines. Also, last time when I got my pilot fixed, I had issues in the mid range. Everytime I revved hard and let the throttle go down it used to be perfect, right after the de-acceleration when I used to open throttle, the bike never used to respond to my throttle opening. There was this 2 to 3 seconds delay after the wide throttle opening. So I moved the needle notch from 5th to 4th notch and it was better, I have a feeling that something is wrong somewhere.

I think I will clean my carb and check for leaks. I am using a Uni filter, so no leaks there. Maybe the header pipe needs some inspection.