Author Topic: I'm concerned.  (Read 5954 times)

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 08:34:48 pm
Desi, you HAD to mention tube audio. I have an original Fender Super Reverb amp, dated actually Nov. '66. Matched with my American Strat or Gibson Les Paul the tone is to die for ! Long live vacuum tubes ! Ive been offered alot of money for that amp but no way I'll ever part with it .
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 10:33:44 pm
Desi, you HAD to mention tube audio. I have an original Fender Super Reverb amp, dated actually Nov. '66. Matched with my American Strat or Gibson Les Paul the tone is to die for ! Long live vacuum tubes ! Ive been offered alot of money for that amp but no way I'll ever part with it .

Actually, yes. Its fully restored by me. 1951 Kuba Imperial. I have it currently hooked up with a period correct Perpetuum Ebner Rex turntable. Although not a concours restoration, they fill the house with sound. Tube audio is my other hobby.

I love tube amps!  There are some Hybrid amps out there now tube and solid state.  My best friend has one (that I've been painting all the custom guitars for) and it sounds amazing.  Really crisp and bright on the clean channel and absolutely shreads on the distortion channel.  I can't remeber what brand it is.  I'll have to ask him.

I don't own any electric guitars anymore, now I just have my black Epiphone acoustic.  I think I'm going to build myself a custom 7 string though and get a Line 6 Pod and a small practice amp.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 11:05:31 pm
We've wandered.  I don't even remember the zip code of the original post...

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #33 on: April 13, 2013, 12:37:29 am
I have a '66 or '67 Fender Twin Reverb amp.
It's only problem is it is the solid state version that isn't worth much.
It sits out in my storage house while I use my small Marshall.

I hope RE-Memphis finally figured out there is nothing wrong with his bike. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: April 13, 2013, 02:48:38 am
Yes Jim, I sincerely hope he doesn't fix something that isn't broken. I worked on my G5 today, just making sure its bullet proof for a long ride next week to Beatty, Nevada. Going to stay there and explore Death Valley. Going to meet the SoCal Norton Boys there next weekend . Should be fun. Its going to be a long haul for sure but I'm up for it.  Twin Reverbs are real screamers. Love the tandem 12 " speakers. They have a sound all there own. I never knew they made them in solid state. <Must be a silver face. I don't think theres anything wrong with mixing guitar amps and bikes, do you ?

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #35 on: April 13, 2013, 06:45:48 am
I have a most excellent mandolin that i play with a hillbilly/folk band at most of the local boozers. One time I was doing sound for one of those long benefit gigs (had the mando with me) when by good buddy Ian Rilen of X fame(RIP) invited me to sit in with his outfit. I plugged into one of those old '60s  valve marshalls with about three knobs  and had the most excellent time playin distorted solos and feedback driven power chords. Gave my autograph to some crazy Japanese chicks who thought I was a legend. Now if only I could fit one of those amps on the  back of the g5 ,I feel sure my musical career would blossom once more.
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: April 13, 2013, 08:10:24 am
Cool!!!!!

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: April 13, 2013, 01:08:53 pm
Hmmm. Think you would have a hard time keeping the front wheel on the road with a marshall stack on the back. They are heavier than that girl you dated when you thought no one was looking.
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: April 13, 2013, 04:24:06 pm
I have a most excellent mandolin that i play with a hillbilly/folk band at most of the local boozers.
Something about the enfield and a mando strapped across your back gets LOTS of attention!  (I've gotten a gig out of nowhere!)

Keep pick'n and riding.
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

RE-Memphis

• New Englander in Memphis
  • Scooter
  • Surprise, machine gun, and vanish.
Reply #39 on: May 09, 2013, 01:12:25 pm
I hope RE-Memphis finally figured out there is nothing wrong with his bike. :)

Runs like a dream.  :)
2012 Royal Enfield C-5 Military
2010 HD Dyna (Sold & hated it)
2008 HD Nightster (Traded with regrets)
1972 Triumph Bonneville (Still kicking myself in the arse for selling her)

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #40 on: May 09, 2013, 01:58:37 pm
Something about the enfield and a mando strapped across your back gets LOTS of attention!  (I've gotten a gig out of nowhere!)

Keep pick'n and riding.
My brother from another mother in a distant land! Takin a hiatus at the moment.Our harp player died and our singers gone to scotland. hope youre rippin it up!
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.