Author Topic: Loud silencer  (Read 19235 times)

Jamesriot

• Four wheels move your Body, Two wheels move your Soul
  • Scooter
on: April 09, 2013, 06:24:35 am
Hi all,
Lately I find out, i'm not noticeable on the traffic....so I wish to get a Goldstar silencer. Is the Goldstar silencer fit with Royal enfield 500cc Injection model and Is there any modification needed, or re-tuning etc after install it later? How bout the sound and peformance, is it will produce good loud sound of "thumper" and increasing power?

However, there are two company that produce this Goldstar, one from (sansclassicparts.in) and another from (classicbikeshop.co.uk). Give me favor, which one is a more loud and have a good quality?

Hope you guys can help me to make a good decision   :-\
RE Black Chrome 500 EFI
Modenas Elit 150
HD Sportster 883
Modenas Elit Sport 150
Kawasaki Vulcan VN800
MZ Moskito 125
Suzuki TXR 150
Honda cup c70

Chiefharlock

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 04:11:38 pm
Haha, if you want Loud you should take my aftermarket fishtail LoL!  THAT is loud!
Ton Up!

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 04:30:10 pm
Hi all,
Lately I find out, i'm not noticeable on the traffic....so I wish to get a Goldstar silencer. Is the Goldstar silencer fit with Royal enfield 500cc Injection model and Is there any modification needed, or re-tuning etc after install it later? How bout the sound and peformance, is it will produce good loud sound of "thumper" and increasing power?

However, there are two company that produce this Goldstar, one from (sansclassicparts.in) and another from (classicbikeshop.co.uk). Give me favor, which one is a more loud and have a good quality?

Hope you guys can help me to make a good decision   :-\

Loud pipes will not make you more noticeable to most people who are in a position to kill you, sorry to say.

The SANS items are hand made in Inda to a fairly crude standard.  They're worth the cost in India, where nothing else like it is available locally and you pay little in shipping.  (I'm running one of their mufflers here in India myself...not a gold star, though.)  Don't know shipping cost to your location but I imagine it's more than the cost of the muffler.  Also don't know anything about how they work with an EFI bike.  If you're on a carb'd bike and replace a restrictive muffler with something freer-flowing, you will need to richen the jetting, for what it's worth.

If you can pay a lot more and don't want to ask any questions, Hitchcocks sells a Goldstar made for the 500 EFI bikes.  It's made in England and likely of much higher build quality.

http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/page.php?currentpageref=113

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 05:30:06 pm
..... i'm not noticeable on the traffic....

Noise won't help as much as increased visibility will.   Wear brightly colored protective outerwear that has reflective stripes for night-time.

1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 05:56:34 pm
my co-workers can hear me coming down the freeway with the sportster "silencer". every little bit helps!
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 06:15:19 pm
my co-workers can hear me coming down the freeway with the sportster "silencer". every little bit helps!

I'm guessing they are standing out-side for the "morning meeting" when they hear you coming.

other drivers, cocooned in their air-conditioned comfort barges will notice the safety-green color before they locate you by sound.  (unless you point the exhaust forward).
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 06:17:43 pm
Have you ever been driving a car and have one of those 200Db Hardlys pass you? Have you ever noticed that you don't hear them until they are right next to you?
Don't you realize that loud pipes don't save lives, they just piss people off!
Not that I have anything against a reasonable amount of noise, I generally make it myself. But you don't have to be heard two miles away to enjoy it.
As for the Gold Star pipe, the Hitchcock pipe is very nice. It comes with a removable insert in it that is reasonably noisy. It sounds pretty good and shouldn't send your neighbors running. With it out, it still isn't terribly loud, but it could grate on some people. As for shipping I think Jack paid $75.00 to get his here from Hitchcock. It as fairly quick shipping though, Less than a week.
If you ant a bit more noise get the $69.00 Dominator from Motorcycle Superstore. It's listed in their Sales or Clearance section. That one is pretty loud, but can be packed with fiberglass muffler stuffing.
I had an EFI muffler on l mine and it as about a medium noisy thing. I could hear it a block away, but it wasn't irritating, just a nice thump.
Do not get the whole GoldStar exhaust system from Hitchcocks. The headpipe is too big for the UCEs EFI tuning and they will lose a lot of bottom end power.
Bare 
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

busmec

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 06:38:22 pm
If you want a loud exhaust , you might do what I did  I installed a EMG 20 inch turn out muffler , but the problem with the turn out style muffler is it doesn't mellow out when cruising at speed it gets louder , after about 120 miles it was about all I could take , I removed it and  installed a 17 inch megaphone muffler with a 12 inch exhaust extension to move the rear outlet to the back of bike. The fellows I ride with say it is still loud but I don't notice it as much. As far as being seen ++1 on wearing bright clothes ,because an older person who doesn't hear well , a loud bike is not going to make a difference , you have to be seen.
    Dan

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 06:46:57 pm
Huh? Older people can't... what did he say? SPEAK UP, SON!!
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

bikesnob

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 07:42:35 pm
I installed a Gold Star EFI muffler on my Bullet, went on real easy no modifications needed, it sounded great too, never took the baffle out.
I no longer own that Bullet, moved on to a Bonneville, I sure hope Bare will forgive me someday!
Steve
2013 Bonniville T 100 (sold)
2010 BMW R1200GS (sold)
2011 Bullet C5 (sold)
2015 Indian Chieftain
2016 BMW R1200GS
2017 Triumph Street Twin

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 07:46:29 pm
Only when I can ride with you again!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

bikesnob

• Scooter
Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 07:50:40 pm
Looking forward to it Bare, Can't wait to see you on that new Cafe Racer !
2013 Bonniville T 100 (sold)
2010 BMW R1200GS (sold)
2011 Bullet C5 (sold)
2015 Indian Chieftain
2016 BMW R1200GS
2017 Triumph Street Twin

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 08:06:42 pm
I no longer own that Bullet, moved on to a Bonneville, I sure hope Bare will forgive me someday!
Steve

Which Bonnie did you get? 

Norman Hyde Togas sound good, really mellow, just like an old British bike should sound.

Sorry for the thread jack.
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 08:13:56 pm
I'll steal that response from bikesnob. He got a T100 with an Arrow exhaust. BOOO!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

motorat

• Grease Monkey
Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 08:20:30 pm
i have a black D&D full exhaust (about 2000 miles on it) with the uni air filter and k&n crancase breather for $250+shipping.

the D&D is loud.
Joe
08 dl650abs
 c5 military