Author Topic: The Hunt for EFI Silencer (non upswept)  (Read 7420 times)

Chiefharlock

• Bulleteer
on: April 08, 2013, 09:21:34 pm
*In Best Sean Connery*

Fellow riders, I moustache you a question:
**end cheesy accent impersonation**

NfieldGear is out of the standard short bottle EFI silencers in the Non-upswept, boring ol' straight style and I am very much desiring one.  Does anyone know of another state-side supplier of this style silencer or of one that may be in say Canada or overseas who is reliable, reasonably quick, and isn't outrageous on shipping rates?

-OR-

Is there anyone on here who has one and has since switched to a different style for whatever reason and would be willing to part with it for a reasonable price?

The fishtail that I have on my C5 right now, while fantastically fun and retro and lends a fun and agressive flair to my scoot is a taaaaaad on the loud side and quite frankly I am starting to feel guilty about disturbing neighbors when I ride her into work late at night when I'm pullin Bar rush at the local Diner, so this is what motivates me to try to acquire one sooner rather than later.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

~Jason
Ton Up!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 09:29:06 pm
Chiefharlock - I've heard some stories of people waiting a seriously long time for parts from those guys, but this is the first time I've ever had to wait for anything.  I've had that silencer on backorder since the end of December.  But my bike runs with the stocker, and I ordered it on sale at a good price, so gosh darn it I'm going to wait them out.

No help I know; just commiserating...

Chiefharlock

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 09:46:12 pm
High five to that one!

I culd throw the stocker back on, but it's heavy and restrictive and super quiet.

I'm curious as to whether or not they have the 7" headlight conversion kits in stock but I'm kind of afraid that I'll hear they are on a 3 to 4 week back order.  that is INSANE that you have had that on order since December and still not received it.
Ton Up!

foggy95

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 09:48:29 pm
Have fun waiting ... I waited almost 11 months for saddlebags from them. When they finally arrived (with no status updates at all in the meantime), I had sold the bike. In all that time, I had assumed they canceled my order.

I've used these guys in the past, and never had a back order, plus they ship super fast:
http://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/home

Only drawback is shipping cost, and even that is reasonable if your time is worth anything at all to you.

(The last item I ordered from Hitchcocks was the English made header pipe - arrived in 4 days.)
Chester County, PA
2023 Triumph Bonneville T120

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 09:50:26 pm
Email Hitchcock's and see what their shipping would be.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Chiefharlock

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 10:05:47 pm
I was thinking about Hitchcocks.  If I get in touch with them and the shipping ends up bringing up the price to what NG sells theirs for with free shipping, then I will probably go the Hitchcock's route.  They have a very wide selection of parts in thier catalog which is quite nice.
Ton Up!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 10:52:36 pm
I'm curious as to whether or not they have the 7" headlight conversion kits in stock but I'm kind of afraid that I'll hear they are on a 3 to 4 week back order.  that is INSANE that you have had that on order since December and still not received it.

Don't be afraid, just call them.  They'll tell you if they have it.  As for the pipe, when they get it, they'll send it.  If I get tired of waiting, I'll look elsewhere.  I'm not tired yet.

Have fun waiting ...

I am having fun waiting - just put my bike back on the road and put 50 miles on yesterday and today...

Gypsyjon

• Grease Monkey
  • 201o G5 Deluxe Black & Chrome
Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 01:00:49 am
I ordered saddle bag brackets back in 2012 some time....still waiting...

idk

• Bulleteer
Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 02:37:49 am
Phone them. I ordered some stuff a while ago which was "out of stock" according to the web, but when I called they confirmed that they had it and that the computer is not always up to date. You never know your luck.
Ego iustus volo meus motorcycle equitare

Gypsyjon

• Grease Monkey
  • 201o G5 Deluxe Black & Chrome
Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 03:50:33 am
Phone them. I ordered some stuff a while ago which was "out of stock" according to the web, but when I called they confirmed that they had it and that the computer is not always up to date. You never know your luck.

Okay...but what a hell of a way to run a railroad....KEVIN??!

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 04:58:37 am
don't fool about - buy directly from hitchcocks in the uk and you should have it in under a week

kcRoyal

• KC Royal
  • Scooter
Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 04:49:33 pm
I called Nfield, yesterday and they are still on back order. I purchased the EFI silencer through the dealer when I purchased the bike in Feb. They still don't know when it will come in. I'm thinking about trying to get a refund from dealer and going direct to Hitchcock's.
2012 C5 Classic Chrome

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 06:49:11 pm
Might as well, but make sure NFG and your dealer cancels your order! They have been known not to!
I ran into the Hitchcocks showing FlyScreens being out of stock on the webpage but called them. They had just gotten some in and hadn't cleared the page yet.
Bare
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:52:08 pm by barenekd »
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 09:53:48 pm
I have a gently used short hitchcocks EFI straight muffler that came in the box of parts with my 2010 G5. It is very attractive, BUT: the inlet pipe looks to be a few inches shorter than the catalogue pictures, it would also need a cut at the bottom of the inlet pipe to conform to the header when clamped. I'd take $50. for it.  Craig @  706-253-0262   My bike runs a baffled vintage cocktail shaker.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

Chiefharlock

• Bulleteer
Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 10:13:40 pm
Craig, PM sent!
Ton Up!