Author Topic: 8th Annual Royal Enfield Reunion  (Read 5116 times)

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
on: April 08, 2013, 08:20:27 pm
8th Annual Royal Enfield Reunion
June 14-16, 2013

The 8th annual Royal Enfield reunion will be held the weekend of June 14-16, 2013 at Eagle Cliff Campground in Lanesboro Minnesota.
http://eagle-cliff.com/
There will be a $30.00 per person registration fee. The registration fee will cover 2 nights of camping, breakfast and dinner on Saturday and relaxing evening campfires. Check in starts at 3:00 on Friday. There will be a motorcycle ride on Saturday. Please contact Jane at Classic Motorworks  (800-201-7472) to make your reservation. We welcome all models of bikes.
1972 FLH "Sambo"
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2023 Guzzi V7 Special "BOB"

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 01:02:03 am
Looks like I'm going to miss out again this year CJ.  The family has a big vacation planned and they think I need to be there.
For anyone who hasn't been to this it's always a hoot.  Make it if you can.
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 01:22:31 am
Gonna miss ya man.
Still planning on going to the Sturgis meet ? Or am I gonna have to stop by Kansas and drag you out to play ?
1972 FLH "Sambo"

Leonard

• Grand Gearhead
  • I loved this bike!!
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 07:59:33 pm
Still planning on Sturgis but you are welcome to swing KS. Will your trailer haul two bikes?
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
2004 Royal Enfield Sixty-5 (RIP)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (going, going...gone)
http://www.romeoriders.com

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 09:18:20 pm
Don't have a trailer!
Always figured that since motosickles had wheels they were meant to be ridden.
Sidesaway, the ride is 50% of the adventure.
I'll tell ya what though, since Mike is going to work something up in Co. for 2014 I'll come and drag you out for that one.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:42:34 pm
Hey, Art
If you could get me a Cafe Racer by then...
Bare
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:51:18 pm by barenekd »
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

baird4444

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2003 ES 500... 38,416 miles, I'm done
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 02:38:34 am

you do realize that I'm hav'in a hard time staying quiet; right??
'My dear you are ugly,
 but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly'
 - Winston Churchill

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 11:06:23 am

you do realize that I'm hav'in a hard time staying quiet; right??

But,,But,, that's not like you at all !!!!
Last time I checked we still had free speech in this country (changes by the day though) and your opinion is a valued one. So let it flow man.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 07:21:05 pm
We will miss you Leonard!!
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 07:31:30 pm
Ooo! Oooo!!  I'll be in Minneapolis with the tour that weekend...  That's only about two hours away.
Hmm... Vacation time, maybe? But the bike's back in Michigan...

I need to ponder this.
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 07:36:57 pm
Call Jane at 800-201-7472. See if a cabin is available if you don't want to (or can't) camp. If you can get to FBL at the right time we will give you a ride to and back.
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 02:32:23 pm
Next week !!!!
1972 FLH "Sambo"

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: July 02, 2013, 02:39:21 am
Well,, the 8th annual Royal Enfield REunion in Lanesboro Minnesota is in the history books now.
I pussed out and rode the Connie there instead of one of the Bullets. It gives me the chance to make some time if I'm running behind. When I left there was a severe thunderstorm with hailstones just to the west of me so instead of taking the direct route I hightailed it straight north and lucked out. I could see the black nasty clouds and lightning to the SW of me all the way to the SS Badger carferry.  It rained a bit before the ferry got there and cleared up a short time later.  I took the ferry over to Manitowoc Wisconsin and spent the night there. I have to mention that they serve Leinenkugel's Red
on the boat so sleeping was no problem that night.
The next morning I got up and rode across Wisconsin and the 60 miles of Minnesota and got to the campground around 2:30.
I have to say that Highway 16 that the campground is on was torn up for about 18 miles east of the campground and about 6 to the west. 
Started setting my tent up and Boss Jane and her husband Lee got there. Doneen and Ron showed up a bit later.  We got all set up and got out some lawn chairs, got the fire going and cracked a few beers open and got a headstart on a nice relaxing weekend going.

Friday morning we got up and set the tents up, strung the lights up and got everything else done so we could pretty much take it easy for the rest of the day.
People started rolling in pretty regularly after noon. A lot of the same faces and some new ones. 2 people that used to come to the Rally on the River in Missouri came to this rally, Chris Edwards & Dustin Fierstein.  Chris rode his AVL all the way from Kansas and missed getting the "longest distance ridden to the rally" trophy to a gent on a Harley from Indiana (he was robbed). Dustin brought his beautifully redone 2003 Bullet he bought off Mike Baird last year. He brought his laptop with him and had a thousand pics of bikes he has and has built. An amazing individual.
Kevin and Tim (and Ms Tim but a brain fart is preventing me from remembering her name right now.
That night we sat around the campfire telling lies, drinking beer & apple schnapps till around 1:00. It started raining then so it was time to go to sleep.
Once again the beer provided me an excellent night's sleep.
Somewhere in the wet night Bob Bezin's bike fell over winning him the hard luck trophy.

Saturday, got up and had a nice 50 cent shower (4 minuets for a quarter). Jane, Doneen and Lee fixed us up an endless breakfast of pancakes and sausages.
After sitting around for a bit letting the breakfast settle it was time for the group ride. I kinda got elected to lead the pack so Jane gave me a map of the area and I tried to map out a ride. The only highlighter we had was dead so it turned into a adlib ride. The nicest looking road turned out to be dirt so the rest of the day was just a "this looks good so we'll turn here".  We had lunch in a town called Harmony and that set the tone for the rest of the day.  After we got back to the campground it rained for about 10 minuets. 
The dinner that night was also endless and delicious.  Tim (parts guy) did the raffle prizes and the trophy presentations.
That night was another great night of sitting around the campfire, telling lies (and some facts) and drinking some beer till 1:00 in the morning.  Once again the beer provided me an excellent night's sleep.  I have to admit,, I slept better on this trip then I think I ever have in a tent. Must have found a good spot to pitch it.
Sunday,, woke up with another 50 cent shower.  Helped take the big tents down and pack everything up. Put all the tables back and policed the area we had.
Packed my stuff up, said my goodbyes and rolled out of there around noon.
After 3 nights of 1:00, beer and sleeping in a tent the ride back home was tough. Got into Manitowoc around 8:00 pm, had dinner and took the ferry back to Michigan.  Wanted to get home to I took the freeway all the way home. I had a hard time staying awake so it took me 3 or 4 mountain dews and a 5 hour energy to get me home. A total of 1119.8 miles ridden.

Once again a great time at the rally.
Many thanks to Jane, Doneen, Tim, Lee, Ron and Kevin for putting this on.
Remember, owning a Royal Enfield is only half of it. Knowing the people that ride em is the other half. See ya all next year.
CJ
1972 FLH "Sambo"

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: July 02, 2013, 05:04:56 am
Sounds like a good time.  Maybe next year I can take the longest distance traveled trophy.  ;)  How were the mosquitos?  I know I used to go thru a can of Off in a week when I lived in Wisconsin.  Thanks for sharing!

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

D the D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: July 02, 2013, 03:02:55 pm
Avon Skin So Soft bath oil.  Elbows, ankles, and behind the ears.  Beats any bug repellant out there.
'07 Iron Barrel Military (Deceased 14 September, 2013)
2014 Yamaha Bolt R Spec V-Twin
1975 XLCH