Author Topic: Epic Solo Putt  (Read 1815 times)

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
on: April 02, 2013, 11:58:38 pm
Went out on another excursion this morning, travelled through Wrightwood to Angeles Forest Highway until I couldn't go any farther. One section has been closed for the winter but the rumor mill had said that there is now a giant sink hole in the road and the State of California doesn't have the financial resources to repair it. I hope that its just scuttlebutt because if IS true it's really going to throw a wrench in my favorite area to ride. More to be revealed I guess. I had to turn around so I went back through Wrightwood and decided to do The Rim of the World loop again. It was a beautiful day, a little chilly at 6200 feet. The road on the Rim was in excellent shape, alot better then the last time I went. I stopped in Running Springs for a smoke and a Harley guy stopped to look at my bike . He really liked it he said. I wanted to tell him what I thought of Harley's but I buttoned my lip. Discretion is the better part of Valor I remembered, besides I didn't want to get my ass kicked. Anyway, followed the 138 to the 330 then decided to stop by where I bought the bike. Art the owner was working on his Royal Enfield flat tracker, man that bike is a thing to behold. We "bench raced " for awhile then it was time for me to head home. It was another great day, a great ride on a great bike !
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 04:08:25 am
Looks like a beautiful ride.  Sucks that your favorite route is closed down.  Hopefully its just something minor and well be fixed by the summer.  I can't wait to get my Indian finished and get back up in the Rockies.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 04:42:48 am
Ah the Rockies ! Now that would be some riding !

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 01:00:01 pm
Rocky Mountain National Park is absolutely gorgeous, though I've never been through on a bike.  There are a couple roads that are a blast to ride out where I go camping.  I'll have to load up the camping gear and do a weekend adventure again.   :D

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 06:54:15 pm
Incredible views.  Do you have hand guards on there or am I just seeing the mirror mount?

I think it's been two years since that flat-tracker made it's first appearance here - Has it changed much?  Good looking machine, if I remember correctly.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 02:32:15 pm
 No boggy, no hand guards for me. The flat tracker is still work in progress, it is sporting a brand new swing arm and throttle set up and still a thing of beauty and function.