Author Topic: Mobil 1  (Read 849 times)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
on: March 31, 2013, 08:28:35 pm
I'm not sure if this is a nation wide sale or just local but when I stopped into O'Reilly Auto Parts to buy another blankin light bulb for my "tiger eyes" I found that they had Mobil 1 V-Twin 20-50wt oil on sale at $8.99/quart.

I didn't need any but the idea of saving over $3.00/qt sounded pretty good so I bought a couple.

I don't recall how long it lasts but I think it is at least thru the first couple of weeks in April.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 11:57:09 pm
I use that oil. It pays for itself because of it's longevity. Keeps the engine temps down also. I can't imagine that that price is really good. Maybe a dollar or so off the retail price. You can maybe find it cheaper in a larger jug at Costco. For non-unit construction motors, a Mobil 1 car oil will do the trick also. I run Shell 15-40 diesel oil in my Kawasaki. It is rated for use in motorcycles with wet clutch. Look for high ZDDP content in oil. Mobil 1 is rated very high for ZDDP content. Many oil companies have reduced the zinc content in their oils through federal mandates. Research your oil thoroughly. Bobs the oil guy website will overstimulate you on the subject of oil. Users of that site have gone to great lengths testing different oils and then paying for analysis of those oils, finally posting the findings on the site. Good stuff if your bored and want to learn about thermal breakdown (good winter reading).
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII