Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 155350 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #240 on: May 23, 2014, 11:02:57 pm
I'll always bleed Sox red and piss Bruins gold, but life is too short and I desperately needed a change of scenery.  8 months so far in sunny, snow free SoCal.  Best months in a long while.

NICE !  Good for you Boggy, So you missed the polar voltexes and Nor'easters  ?....  What a shame  ::)   

Bike TEMPERARILY restricted   ::) :(......................

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #241 on: May 24, 2014, 12:26:22 am

Bike TEMPERARILY restricted   ::) :(......................

Baffles schmaffles.  How are you supposed to know when to shift if you can't hear it piercing your eardrums?!   ;D
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #242 on: May 24, 2014, 01:24:48 am
Baffles schmaffles.  How are you supposed to know when to shift if you can't hear it piercing your eardrums?!   ;D

RIGHT Scottie !? ...... Back pressure schmack pressure !  A pipe needs to scavenge..... NOT SLOW IT DOWN !!   When your eye balls start shakin' .... shift !!  LOL !

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
  • "No Future In Getting Old"
Reply #243 on: May 24, 2014, 04:57:56 pm
Hey Glassshouse, Is that a Ural in the garage? Tell us about it. I'm a big fan, & miss mine.
Best Wishes, Craig McClure

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #244 on: May 24, 2014, 06:59:03 pm
Hey Glassshouse, Is that a Ural in the garage? Tell us about it. I'm a big fan, & miss mine.

Glasshouse !?  he..he..he.   You have a good Eye. But no sir, close it's a Cj750 OHV. And I don't blame ya for missing it. They are a hoot to ride and built like a tank,oval framed, reverse gear, stone simple and reliable as a rigid pipe wrench......

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #245 on: May 25, 2014, 04:55:22 pm
Hi, fooled me I couldn't see enough of it. It is a beauty!  Seems I remember hearing about it before, you inherited it from your brother.
  Incidentally, those Chinese CJ HEADLIGHT RIMS can be made to work on a Royal Enfield using a 7" reflector. I have one on my G5 deluxe, & used one on my last Ural. They are on Ebay sometimes.
  Thanks for sharing!

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #246 on: May 26, 2014, 01:53:58 am
Hi, fooled me I couldn't see enough of it. It is a beauty!  Seems I remember hearing about it before, you inherited it from your brother.
  Incidentally, those Chinese CJ HEADLIGHT RIMS can be made to work on a Royal Enfield using a 7" reflector. I have one on my G5 deluxe, & used one on my last Ural. They are on Ebay sometimes.
  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks .... and ummmmmmm  ? That is a good idea . Instead of the "eyebrows" that slide under the outer ring.  I like it !  I may have to try swapping them , and see how it looks on the Enfield.

Craig McClure

• Riding over 50 years
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #247 on: May 26, 2014, 03:39:04 am

Thanks .... and ummmmmmm  ? That is a good idea . Instead of the "eyebrows" that slide under the outer ring.  I like it !  I may have to try swapping them , and see how it looks on the Enfield.
Hi, It looks like this...BELOW      Like a genuine period piece.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #248 on: May 26, 2014, 08:36:04 pm
 That DOES look nice !  :P

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #249 on: May 09, 2015, 06:19:51 am
  Here we go again ! :o     Domed forged 500cc AVL/UCE piston.  Lets see ?   I think this go around... first. We will use all the previous engine mods, but  replace the forged AVL piston with this one. And use a stock head....mildly worked. And see how it does ?

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #250 on: May 09, 2015, 09:09:01 am
Oooooo, another cool GHG and scooterbob fun project.....
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #251 on: May 09, 2015, 02:02:25 pm
  Here we go again ! :o     Domed forged 500cc AVL/UCE piston.  Lets see ?   I think this go around... first. We will use all the previous engine mods, but  replace the forged AVL piston with this one. And use a stock head....mildly worked. And see how it does ?

Ok.  Now you know some of us would like more information than this.....      Like when said piston plans on making it's new home, and who it's mom and dad are?      ;D      ;)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #252 on: May 09, 2015, 02:46:49 pm
Ok.  Now you know some of us would like more information than this.....      Like when said piston plans on making it's new home, and who it's mom and dad are?      ;D      ;)

You know that Gorilla and ScooterBob wouldn't put up a CNC generated pic of something they were thinking about maybe wanting to try and see if they could make  ;) ...... That's the real deal right there - and IF it survives some severe Celtic abuse, then a feller may keep one of the little slugs in his very own cylinder  ;D ........
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #253 on: May 10, 2015, 01:47:32 am

Soon Scottie !   Just got the pistons the other day. A few are on there way out to the Tundra, so the Earl of swirl can scrutinize and checkerize...  ;D   A little fitting in the jug, and a little cleaning up the head.   Not to long.

You know that Gorilla and ScooterBob wouldn't put up a CNC generated pic of something they were thinking about maybe wanting to try and see if they could make  ;) ...... That's the real deal right there - and IF it survives some severe Celtic abuse, then a feller may keep one of the little slugs in his very own cylinder  ;D ........

Tune and flog the piss out of it !  ::).....  Gitter' Dunn as usuall  ;)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #254 on: May 10, 2015, 02:08:50 am
     Obviously, looking at these three pistons.... stocked dish, flat top forged AVL and the new forged domed deal.  Higher compression is the goal. And to work with the stock chamber.  A little more simple and practical approach this time.   Without the extensive welding up , resizing and reshaping of the chamber.  Sort of , address the bottom of the chamber and leave the top alone.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 02:10:53 am by gashousegorilla »