Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 155313 times)

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #210 on: December 23, 2013, 10:30:07 pm
now on my wallpaper at work and home, having supplanted stella stevens. very cool!
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #211 on: December 24, 2013, 01:22:58 am
now on my wallpaper at work and home, having supplanted stella stevens. very cool!

Man..... Are you sure !?  SHE was pretty hot !!    Thanks,  ;)

http://www.2flashgames.com/photo/file/stella_stevens/Stella_Stevens_0005.jpg
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #212 on: December 24, 2013, 12:53:09 pm

Man..... Are you sure !?  SHE was pretty hot !!    Thanks,  ;)

http://www.2flashgames.com/photo/file/stella_stevens/Stella_Stevens_0005.jpg

Damn it GHG!  Stop posting pics of hot chicks that I can't view!    >:(
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #213 on: December 24, 2013, 01:24:48 pm
Yeah ! What he said ! That's just cruel!
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #214 on: December 24, 2013, 01:47:38 pm
Damn it GHG!  Stop posting pics of hot chicks that I can't view!    >:(

Yeah ! What he said ! That's just cruel!

Alright.....alright  quite your wining' youse' two   ;)   Geez Louise , can't ya click on a link !
  Like I said, I'm might pick the Girl instead of the bike.....

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #215 on: December 24, 2013, 01:49:47 pm
Vintage Sexy.  +1  Thanks!

FYI  I tried to click on the link, it said I'm forbidden.  I guess I'll have to take that one up with God.  ;D

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #216 on: December 24, 2013, 02:19:09 pm
Be still my beating heart!
  She'd look good with a leg draped over an Enfield !
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

no bs

• Grand Gearhead
  • if it's got two wheels i'm on it
Reply #217 on: December 24, 2013, 08:12:45 pm
draped over just about anything...
killing bugs since 1972 2011 g5 deluxe frankenbullet

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #218 on: May 20, 2014, 03:34:16 pm
  Ok, a little up date on the most recent mods to the bike over the winter..... Finally got some time to get it on a Dyno, and get a tune on her and see what she can do. Besides the AVL piston, lightened rockers and etc. We put in some new valve springs, beehive's... retainers and keepers. To further lighten the valve train AND to keep it under control for the added 1000 RPM's we can now rev it to, with the rev extend feature on the PC-V.   The result's are 33.25 HP and 34.75 ft lbs of torque at the wheel.  Or about another 10 % increase over the previous set up.  I'm guessing ?....  We are in the neighborhood of 40 HP give or take, at the crank .

Also, we are trying a intake mod that mounts in the intake manifold which is showing  promise and gains . It's called the  "FIN" .  Developed and tested by local tuner's  Pete Burger and Shawn Eisenmenger on other applications . It basically helps with the flow in the manifold by reducing the air drag on the walls of the manifold. We are playing with that now and see what we can do.

Dyno sheet on a file below.....

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #219 on: May 20, 2014, 03:43:15 pm
Nice work!    8)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #220 on: May 20, 2014, 07:13:54 pm
Wow!  You're getting a snot load of power out of that thing.  Nice move with the beehives to combat the valve float.  I'm looking forward to more info on the intake mod.

Scott

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #221 on: May 20, 2014, 07:15:58 pm
That bike should be able to do the Ton now.

It has got good power.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #222 on: May 20, 2014, 08:27:08 pm
Nice work!    8)

Thanks Scottie  ;) ......   BTW, how much do you weigh ? ???   ;D

That bike should be able to do the Ton now.

It has got good power.

It should and yeah Tom, the power is getting up there, little bit at a time.  We'll see how it does this summer ?   Maybe I'll get it out to an air strip in the Midwest . Might need a little lighter rider?...... See above  ;D

Wow!  You're getting a snot load of power out of that thing.  Nice move with the beehives to combat the valve float.  I'm looking forward to more info on the intake mod.

Scott

Yeah Scott the springs help....A LOT ! They are comp cam springs , retainers, keepers. The seat cups are from Ferrara...And if I remember ? The lash caps are from Manley. It all works nice together.  I did a pull on the dyno about a month or so ago, extending the limiter at that time. And the stock springs are useless above  5500 max and done AND blowing out the intake at 5800. My numbers were roughly the same back then, maybe a little lower?  BUT much harder to get there. So we stopped tuning and testing, and ScooterBob and I put our heads together and cam up with some springs. They seem to be working nicely up to 6000 , and all you can see, that's all I need right now. Enough spring , but not too much. Also if need be in the future, seat pressure and over the nose can be adjusted.

As far as the Intake mod it's an interesting devise... He sets it up on a flow bench I believe. And positions it based on you motor and mods... if any mods. And kick's in above 2500 rpm's so I understand. Positioning is key I believe.  So we'll see ?  it's pretty cool, and I'll test and play with anything.  I my case on this first go around ... it bumped up the horses a bit in the mid- to upper range.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:29:10 pm by gashousegorilla »

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #223 on: May 20, 2014, 10:07:26 pm
That will be the first EFI UCE doing the TON !

CONGRATULATIONS GHG !!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:24:44 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #224 on: May 21, 2014, 01:21:53 am
That will be the first EFI UCE doing the TON !

CONGRATULATIONS GHG !!!

LOL !   Thanks for the encouragement Singh  ;)   

I was actually thinking of you in the Dyno booth, and wished I had a camera !..... Dangit ! It's very interesting to watch the cooling features of these motors, really outstanding.  At a cold start you can see how the injector is cycling a bunch of fuel... but the AFR reading at the header through the sniffer is very lean.... like 18 to 1.  BUT, as soon as you pull that by-starter  it goes rich , right to around 14 to 1 as that fuel vaporizes. Hold it there for a few, let it go.... and it stays rich, and gets richer as it warms.

Guess, we spent around two hours on the Dyno ?   And I don't think the temperature read over 220F  taken at the base of the spark plug....... And that was when the bike was really ripping in the upper RPM's  for a sustained period . But as the RPM's dropped, so did the temp..... quickly and a lot !    And would settle in around the 170's . Some of that had to due with the richer AFR's of my bike. But most of it is from that oil pump and system.  I'm very impressed with it and the bottom end in general, which hasn't been touched.   So anyway.... you can see why the EFI is just relying on the temp sensor to "switch" when it reaches operating temp.  Above that operating temp , it varies to much.  Unlike a temp sensor in a water cooled car or bike, where the temp stays pretty constant.