Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 155326 times)

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #195 on: December 06, 2013, 02:55:43 am
SB:

From this basic tutorial link, it is clear that since you read and understand this kind of material of quadratic equations polynomials ... written by PHDs, you must have alphabets like FRCMDPHDBEMES... behind your name, you just won't admit ;).  Thanks for the link.

."[/i][/color]

No such thing ...... I just go deep and read a LOT ..... and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once ......  ::) But seriously - this stuff is not beyond the realm of the regular fellow - you just have to WANT to make the knowledge yours. Regular fellows who study in college become engineers - and my hero, Henry Yunick, started Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Florida - without the benefit of ever setting foot in a university. The only initials I have as far as engineering goes are "UHK" ...... My formal college training is in education - my passion is tuning.
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #196 on: December 06, 2013, 02:57:00 am
Thank You !

jerk.....   that's the word I was looking for !

Yes, I'll have a set of Jerk cams please !

That's the OTHER guy that makes parts .......  ::) ::) ;D

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #197 on: December 06, 2013, 04:12:15 am
No such thing ...... I just go deep and read a LOT ..... and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once ......  ::) But seriously - this stuff is not beyond the realm of the regular fellow - you just have to WANT to make the knowledge yours. Regular fellows who study in college become engineers - and my hero, Henry Yunick, started Embry Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Florida - without the benefit of ever setting foot in a university. The only initials I have as far as engineering goes are "UHK" ...... My formal college training is in education - my passion is tuning.

Iskenderian...... Faraday.....Robert "Jocko" Johnson.......Ramanujan......Shelby.....Edison..... Etc...etc..   ;)

Thank You !

jerk.....   that's the word I was looking for !

Yes, I'll have a set of Jerk cams please !

D 'oh !!!   :o     Excessive Jerk !..... can cause instability, in the valve train that is ;D  And only Cam jerks, would give other Jerks cams, that were not yet fully .....Jerked !
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 01:03:29 pm by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #198 on: December 06, 2013, 04:25:50 am
   Iskenderian...... Faraday.....Robert "Jocko" Johnson.......Ramanujan......Shelby.....Edison..... Etc...etc..   ;)

... Steve Jobs .....Bill Gates....etc.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:51:28 am by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #199 on: December 06, 2013, 04:30:30 am

D 'oh !!!   :o     Excessive Jerk !..... can cause instability, in the valve train that is ;D  And only Cam jerks, would give other Jerks cams, that were not yet fully .....Jerked !

So does the jerk jerk the jerk cams to the left and right in a circular motion to get just the right amount of jerk needed to jerk the valves with the jerk cams?
Man, now I want some beef jerky.    ;D

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #200 on: December 06, 2013, 04:41:18 am
Tutorial- check . Measurements- check . Micro- thingy - check .
 You guys fkin ROCK.
 Now if only I could stop riding long enough to tweak....

That's the hardest part of it Dave !..... But then again, we have a pretty long winter around here. ;)

Hey GHG just wondering ... Why did you change your fuel pump ? Was it not moving enough?

No special reason Dave. I just chose to use a different tank for the bike.  Although it WOULD HAVE been much easier to use the stock tank.. . I just liked the tank I chose , with seat /cowl and fender combination.  Just thought the proportions looked right for the bike... to me at least.  But , keeping the stock RE front end.  I was just thinking...... it had to look like a Cafe Racer, but it had to look like it was a RE Cafe Racer ..... You know ?  And retain the distinctive front end.. Otherwise it would look like every other Cafe' out there, except with a different motor.  :-\       AND...... I had made the tank and tins for another project. But, honestly I lost complete interest in it shortly after getting the C5.  Ruined me for other bikes ...

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #201 on: December 06, 2013, 04:47:47 am
So does the jerk jerk the jerk cams to the left and right in a circular motion to get just the right amount of jerk needed to jerk the valves with the jerk cams?
Man, now I want some beef jerky.    ;D

Scottie

Ahhhh ??........ YEAH !  That's it ! ;) ;D

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #202 on: December 06, 2013, 01:48:59 pm
    That's the hardest part of it Dave !..... But then again, we have a pretty long winter around here. ;)

I don't wanna HEAR any crap about your measly three-month winter in New Jersey!  ::) Up here in the REAL tundra, we get winter from October 'til May ...... and that's a LOT of time to read up on tuning and make parts!  ;) ;D

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #203 on: December 06, 2013, 02:50:49 pm
  HAHAHAHAHAHA !!..... oh geez  :'(   Maybe so, Maybe so, but add in the.... My arse is getting old factor, and it's more like 5. 

Alright.....Alright....Alright, I hear ya . :-[ ::)
 Gitter Dunn, will gitter..... just one more wee little Christmas party tonight,  ::) and the weekend is mine !! It's all ready... just gotta bolt it up.... I hope. LOL ! ;)

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #204 on: December 06, 2013, 11:43:41 pm

:o 8) ;D ;D ;D
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #205 on: December 09, 2013, 12:58:16 am
 The big Pipe is done.... cut and tuned.  I would say, with the most recent mods.... we are having the desired effects  ;)     Man....... I am leeeeeaaaannnnn in the mid and upper ranges !  :P   Might be time to tweak that MAP.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gFh_cpWI5Y&feature=youtu.be

Maybe starting to sound a little bit like these now, I hope ? 8)......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLwutov5reA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSEg61NnQKM

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:14:17 am by gashousegorilla »

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #206 on: December 09, 2013, 07:06:20 am
.......Man....... I am leeeeeaaaannnnn in the mid and upper ranges ! .......

time for a fatter injector .....
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #207 on: December 09, 2013, 10:26:36 am
The big Pipe is done.... cut and tuned.  I would say, with the most recent mods.... we are having the desired effects  ;)     Man....... I am leeeeeaaaannnnn in the mid and upper ranges !  :P   Might be time to tweak that MAP.......

If you'd feed that animal enough to make it run now - you'd scare yourself on it ...... it's very nearly Manx-like!

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #208 on: December 09, 2013, 06:06:38 pm

time for a fatter injector .....

Maybe Gremlin...Just maybe ?...  Or maybe not ?  The last time up on the Dyno, the injector duty cycle didn't get above 40% at most.  That's what the PC-V software was showing anyway....

If you'd feed that animal enough to make it run now - you'd scare yourself on it ...... it's very nearly Manx-like!

Scarry Now !.... How quick I got it up to 90 indicated in traffic.  Have to lay off the happy handle a bit till I can get her tuned, got a weeee bit hot  ;)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 06:10:46 pm by gashousegorilla »

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #209 on: December 10, 2013, 04:28:49 am
Capital A for awesome!
 Cheers me up from my troubles and woe's. :)
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.