Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 155286 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #180 on: December 01, 2013, 01:16:11 am
I changed my burnt out neutral light.  You've got way more initiative than I do on holidays ;)

Thanks Scott  ;)...... But no, not initiative. There is just something wRoNG with me when it comes to this stuff.  :-\  ::)

Gorillas don't lay around like I do on the Holly-daze ...... they go out and geeter DUNN!  ;) I can GET fired up like GHG - but he's in the constant state of it!! Hahaha!

See above  ;)........ Alright, let me go back out to the garage and see what else I can do..... while the wife ain't lookin'  :o
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #181 on: December 01, 2013, 02:15:24 am
I managed to rustle up some initiative, but only enough to figure out how to deep fry turkey leftovers :)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #182 on: December 01, 2013, 06:05:01 pm
 Ohoooooo .... That's a good idea Scotty ! :P

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #183 on: December 04, 2013, 11:52:23 pm
  Mean while.. Back at it with the pipe tuning, finding the sweet spot. Trying to catch that laaaast nice blue pulse in the Meggy... resonance... scavenging and all.... You know.  And speaking of big lift , lumpy and aggressive Cams !  Well , maybe just a little ? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Wrb2swmkM&feature=youtu.be

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #184 on: December 04, 2013, 11:56:39 pm
  Mean while.. Back at it with the pipe tuning, finding the sweet spot. Trying to catch that laaaast nice blue pulse in the Meggy... resonance... scavenging and all.... You know.  And speaking of big lift , lumpy and aggressive Cams !  Well , maybe just a little ? ;)

It's beginning to sound a lot like ........ HORSEPOWER!! ..... and all from a bunch of old home-made, back-woods garage parts. Go figger!  ;)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #185 on: December 05, 2013, 12:50:21 am

Very nice !  did you reduce the base circle of the cams ?  if so, by how much ?
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #186 on: December 05, 2013, 12:57:31 am

Can you DO such things?? I thought only engineers and cam grinders and dynamicists could do stuff like that ........  ;) (about .120" or so .... that's what GHG tells me I did, anyway ....  ::) )

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #187 on: December 05, 2013, 01:57:54 am
Yup...  Squintin' my one good eye , and  my fancy Mico- ometer.. That it is!  But I hear it's not all about hogging out the ports? And lift and all?  All though that's good stuff !  I hear  that the cumbustion chamber is important too? With all that swirl and stuff, directing it in the right places... Or sumthin'? 

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #188 on: December 05, 2013, 02:21:03 am
Yup...  Squintin' my one good eye , and  my fancy Mico- ometer.. That it is!  But I hear it's not all about hogging out the ports? And lift and all?  All though that's good stuff !  I hear  that the cumbustion chamber is important too? With all that swirl and stuff, directing it in the right places... Or sumthin'? 

LMAO    ;D

Sounds great!
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #189 on: December 05, 2013, 03:40:02 pm
This is a good, basic tutorial ...........
http://www.tildentechnologies.com/Cams/CamDesign.html

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #190 on: December 05, 2013, 06:26:06 pm

AWESOME GHG !

SB:

From this basic tutorial link, it is clear that since you read and understand this kind of material of quadratic equations polynomials ... written by PHDs, you must have alphabets like FRCMDPHDBEMES... behind your name, you just won't admit ;).  Thanks for the link.

Quotes from the Tilden Technologies -

"Most automotive enthusiasts are easily exploited because they don't understand camshafts and cam design.  We have developed this website to share what we have learned.

Larry got his start with numerical methods back in the 1970's using the Orthogonal Collocation method.  When this method was picked up for simulating valve spring dynamics, he realized that some aspects of the method were never explained very well.  For this reason, he developed a hands-on tutorial on the method which includes downloads of code in Fortran 90, C++ and Excel.

Vita Larry Young

Larry received a B.S.Ch.E from Texas Tech in 1970.  An M.S.Ch.E in 1972 and Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering in 1974 both from U. of Washington.  He spent 1975 thru 1983 in the Research Department at Amoco Production Co. working in petroleum reservoir simulation and enhanced oil recovery.  In 1984 he founded Reservoir Simulation Research Corp. with a principal business of development and licensing of reservoir simulation software.  After selling the company in 1996 and a brief period with the successor company, he retired from full time work.
."
[/color]
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 08:10:49 pm by singhg5 »
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #191 on: December 05, 2013, 06:44:25 pm

Well, I guess it did blow the camera away!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #192 on: December 05, 2013, 11:42:12 pm

Thank You !

jerk.....   that's the word I was looking for !

Yes, I'll have a set of Jerk cams please !
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 11:50:17 pm by gremlin »
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #193 on: December 06, 2013, 02:08:49 am
Tutorial- check . Measurements- check . Micro- thingy - check .
 You guys fkin ROCK.
 Now if only I could stop riding long enough to tweak....
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #194 on: December 06, 2013, 02:18:50 am
Hey GHG just wondering ... Why did you change your fuel pump ? Was it not moving enough?
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.