Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 155361 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #150 on: November 26, 2013, 08:26:42 pm
Can't wait to hear/see some video of that beast running!  Looking real good  GHG!

Scottie

Muhahahahaha!..... Muhahhahaha! .... The Beast breaths and lives Scottie!   He...he..he.  Time for some lunch. Got to go grab some gas , oil, and I think I'll splurge for a new spark plug ? Then some tweekin' ..... It Sounds good man.. Real good.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #151 on: November 26, 2013, 10:41:46 pm

Muhahahahaha!..... Muhahhahaha! .... The Beast breaths and lives Scottie!   He...he..he.  Time for some lunch. Got to go grab some gas , oil, and I think I'll splurge for a new spark plug ? Then some tweekin' ..... It Sounds good man.. Real good.

F'ing A!   :D

2001 Harley Davidson Road King

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #152 on: November 27, 2013, 04:27:12 am
    A quicky vid of the bike running. I was unable to ride it.  >:( HORRIBLE weather here !  Temps in the 30's... rain... sleet ... snow..   Hoefully the weather breaks after tomorrow  :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJa3Yz6fZBM

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #153 on: November 27, 2013, 12:40:28 pm
Sweetness!  It definitely sounds more snappy and than I remember from the video you posted in the spring.  Listening to the exhaust note, it has that distinct "pop" generally associated with a higher compression motor that you don't hear on a standard UCE motor.  I'd say mission accomplished.  ;)  What was your previous top speed before you tore the top end down again?  Did you do a cylinder compression test to get a relative idea of the compression bump achieved?

Scottie

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #154 on: November 27, 2013, 05:22:12 pm
Sweetness!  It definitely sounds more snappy and than I remember from the video you posted in the spring.  Listening to the exhaust note, it has that distinct "pop" generally associated with a higher compression motor that you don't hear on a standard UCE motor.  I'd say mission accomplished.  ;)  What was your previous top speed before you tore the top end down again?  Did you do a cylinder compression test to get a relative idea of the compression bump achieved?

Scottie

Yeah, it definitely SOUNDS sweeter.... But also maybe a little restricted. looking at THAT today.  But I want to at least get it out for a run today if the rain stops. Compression  IS up as you can hear......   I did show 94 , on the GPS on my phone during the summer.   For top speed stuff, as opposed to good mid range ? Yeah... I think we'll have to take a look at the gearing  and probably that header.

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #155 on: November 27, 2013, 09:49:29 pm
Thumpy and Snappy...
Oh Magoo you done it again

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #156 on: November 27, 2013, 11:56:16 pm
Thumpy and Snappy...

Yeah, and crackley and poppy...... Might be time to make a bigger header.  Took a little closer look at the stock header today.  It is actually quite well made... if not I little small for my needs now....  Something we did not see earlier. Down near the silencer connection ,the double wall pipe also houses an anti-reversion hole and chamber...pretty trick.

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #157 on: November 28, 2013, 12:13:57 am
    A quicky vid of the bike running. I was unable to ride it.  >:( HORRIBLE weather here !  Temps in the 30's... rain... sleet ... snow..   Hoefully the weather breaks after tomorrow  :-\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJa3Yz6fZBM

SWEET !   That mod is on the To-Do list for me !
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #158 on: November 28, 2013, 12:24:31 am
Oh man...she has gotta snarl  !!
Sounds like a wildcat! Sadly I feel the soundtrack was telling...
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #159 on: November 28, 2013, 02:54:59 am
Oh man...she has gotta snarl  !!
Sounds like a wildcat! Sadly I feel the soundtrack was telling...

Ah well..... ::) ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QClaGbPuJ-A

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
Reply #160 on: November 28, 2013, 04:48:55 am
Oh yeah! That's what I'm talkin about!
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #161 on: November 28, 2013, 05:59:18 am
Definitely has a nice snarl sound, GHG.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #162 on: November 28, 2013, 06:09:36 am

Ah well..... ::) ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QClaGbPuJ-A

Thanks GHG.  I went from reading about motorcycles to watching a 45 minute special on mountain lions preying on desert big horn sheep.   ;)  I didn't even know there was such a thing.    ???

Scottie

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #163 on: November 28, 2013, 12:14:42 pm
GHG - You got that pipe done YET???  ::) ::) ;D
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #164 on: November 28, 2013, 03:49:04 pm
GHG - You got that pipe done YET???  ::) ::) ;D

Do you believe the NERVE of these supply houses be closed on thanksgiving !! ..... I just may have to go sneakin' around .... do a little checkin' around the dumpsters behind the Muffler shops?........ What ? :-[ ::)   Ah.... I could wait a day. MAYBE !?  :o

Thanks GHG.  I went from reading about motorcycles to watching a 45 minute special on mountain lions preying on desert big horn sheep.   ;)  I didn't even know there was such a thing.    ???

Scottie

GOTCHA !  He..he..he.. Got caught in one of those endless tube loops aye ?  Well this should put you back on track... SB loves to make me stretch my brains with stuff like this, then quiz... And makes you see stuff you didn't even think of.     Very cool........ Have fun !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_E-x5tHoHk

Definitely has a nice snarl sound, GHG.

Thanks  Ace !

SWEET !   That mod is on the To-Do list for me !

Get some !