Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 155351 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #75 on: April 07, 2013, 11:45:31 pm
I just spent a GREAT afternoon with GSS and his lovely daughter. It was a fun meeting, but we both agreed it needs to be just a tad warmer to ride! GHG - he sends his regards YOUR way as well!

It would appear that the Tundra is thawing then  Scooterbob !?   :o    Right back at ya GSS !  Thank you  ;)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #76 on: April 08, 2013, 02:39:47 am
It is always fun hanging out with ScooterBob.....definitely gets your gears turning thinking about ALL the possibilities!  GHG the details of your engine are amazing......I think I almost talked ScooterBob into volunteering to do this for all members of this forum ;D
2022 Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe
2019 Himalayan Snow
2019 Interceptor 650 - Chrome...off the first boat!
Previous REs:
2021 Meteor 350 Supernova Blue
2014 Continental GT 535 - Red...lowest VIN off the first boat!
2010 Classic 500 - Teal Chrome

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #77 on: April 08, 2013, 03:10:04 am
It is always fun hanging out with ScooterBob.....definitely gets your gears turning thinking about ALL the possibilities!  GHG the details of your engine are amazing......I think I almost talked ScooterBob into volunteering to do this for all members of this forum ;D

Gears spinning !?....  That boy will have your head spinning with the go fast stuff !  Keep talking to him GSS..... I would.     Ummmmmm , a Blue C-5 Sleeper perhaps?  Tell him to give that BSA a rest for a while !!

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #78 on: April 08, 2013, 03:50:20 am

Almost ......  ;)
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

wokka

• Bulleteer
Reply #79 on: April 09, 2013, 07:58:02 am
Very tasty, but couldn't you find a bigger petcock? :P

Jamesriot

• Four wheels move your Body, Two wheels move your Soul
  • Scooter
Reply #80 on: April 09, 2013, 10:22:27 am
Is it the stock fuel tank?
RE Black Chrome 500 EFI
Modenas Elit 150
HD Sportster 883
Modenas Elit Sport 150
Kawasaki Vulcan VN800
MZ Moskito 125
Suzuki TXR 150
Honda cup c70

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #81 on: April 09, 2013, 06:08:09 pm
Is it the stock fuel tank?

No

Very tasty, but couldn't you find a bigger petcock? :P

Well..... I thought a two inch ball valve would be a bit overkill, for the pressurized EFI system.  :o    The 3/8 Brass valve and fittings worked out nicely, and they are functional for how we hooked up the fuel system. It's nice to have a Valve for maintenance reasons, as well as a sediment trap with a plug , to drain the Tank and system down.  Also because of the external pressurized fuel lines...It's not a bad idea to have a big handled valve ;)  I Figured I might take some flack for that.....But I like the brass, and I used it on the last Cafe I did.  Looked cool I thought.... Matter of taste I guess. ;)

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #82 on: April 09, 2013, 06:12:29 pm
the ball valve looks fine, but, it appears to be on the suction side of the pump.
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #83 on: April 09, 2013, 06:22:15 pm
the ball valve looks fine, but, it appears to be on the suction side of the pump.

Thanks  ! ;)
  It is gremlin.... should the valve be accidentlley shut off While the bike is running..... Although not a good thing... The system will slowly lose pressure.... The bike will stall, and the pump will cut off. Re Priming the pump, is not a problem, a couple of hits on the kill switch and it primes it right up.

Sooo... The Stock ECU Controls the inline pump that we used. Just like it would the stock pump ...... Nuttin' going on in the combustion chamber.....no pump. And most of the left over pressurized fuel in the line, get burned off quickly.
 We didn't use a separate "Switched"..... like a toggle..... pump circuit to run the pump.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 09:59:29 pm by gashousegorilla »

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #84 on: November 14, 2013, 04:00:04 am
   Whelp, weather is cold so it's time to get back into it and see what else we can do.  From the frozen Tundra of the mid way, a nicely worked cylinder and a beautiful forged .020 over AVL piston from ScooterBob.  The Cylinder was over bored a bit... for a nice fit. And also some pretty nice fin work, with the alternating paint and polish.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:36:36 am by gashousegorilla »

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #85 on: November 14, 2013, 04:03:18 am
Secksee
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #86 on: November 14, 2013, 04:30:40 am
Hell yeah!  Luckily I have a whole new project so I don't have to tear apart the Blackhawk this winter.   :)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #87 on: November 14, 2013, 04:46:50 am
Hell yeah!  Luckily I have a whole new project so I don't have to tear apart the Blackhawk this winter.   :)

Scottie

I Luvz projects..... what the hail else ya gonna do , with these god forsaken winters. Watch TV !?  Hail no !   ;)    That garage does get cold though man....
Think I'll  lighten ,grind down, contour, and polish up the stock rocker's too.  They are kinda sorta like slabs of foundry room floor scrap, turned and with a flat ground in.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 04:58:38 am by gashousegorilla »

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #88 on: November 14, 2013, 05:21:17 am
You need to get yourself a propane catalytic heater for your garage.  I NEVER get cold!  ;)

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #89 on: November 14, 2013, 07:36:57 am
............ From the frozen Tundra of the mid way, a nicely worked cylinder and a beautiful forged .020 over AVL piston ..........

SWEET !
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5