Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 155327 times)

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 03:23:30 pm
   WAX !?  I'm not running to the store for that !  That would be Castrol on a shop rag Cuz....... what ?    he...he..he

HA! - I shoulda KNOWN!!  ::)

Thank you Boys !   It's very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 03:38:51 pm by ScooterBob »
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: March 30, 2013, 04:11:50 pm
Very nice, guys. It's a beauty!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

DanB

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: March 30, 2013, 04:19:39 pm
Gorgeous!  Love the petcock idea!
Suppose I were an idiot, and suppose I were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself. ... Mark Twain
2006 AVL Electra

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: March 30, 2013, 04:35:52 pm
I am guessing the 535 in the license plate is the scooterbob trademark "no replacement for displacement." Right ?

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #19 on: March 30, 2013, 05:19:27 pm
Love the suspension on the seat pan.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: March 30, 2013, 05:37:14 pm
   Once again Guys, thank you..... Feeling a bit humbled.

And I'll tell you what bareneked, I have been admiring your bike for a while now! Love it !

DanB...... Thanks, a Gasman has to have some gas fittings on a bike ! ;)

And about the details in the graphics and on the bike and all......  GOOD EYE's!  The graphics were pulled together by my very talented. graphic designer niece  Erin. She pulled together the idea's that scooterbob and I through at her quite nicely. There are filled with subtle and not so subtle images, hints and clues if you will.

For instance, Ducati Scotty mentioned the " air scoop" graphics. You'll see the Isle of man symbol.....and if you can zoom in enough, you may be able to make out scooterbobs and my initials in the gun stocks.  Hammer for me and micrometer for scooterbob..... only fitting I think. The silver paint on the frame is a nod to Mike Hailwood..... don't think he ever raced on an Enfield ?  But he is just cool !!  Also in it's way, in the body work, there is a nod to both Hailwood and Tommy Robb.  There is a lot more here and there........
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:59:43 pm by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 05:53:45 pm
Love the suspension on the seat pan.

Thanks !  Something different I just wanted to try on a Cafe seat. These bikes spend all there time on the road and NOT the track.  Pot holes and such..... those seats are hard man ! They are Harley seat spings and  I limited the seat travel to about an inch..... just for a little cush.

Blltrdr

• Grand Gearhead
  • cycle-delic music
Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 05:59:18 pm
It looks like that seat pan is designed for hinges. What bike was it originally designed for? It looks great on the C5.
2003 Classic 500 5 spd
2009 HD FLHT Police 103 6 spd
1992 Kawasaki ZG 1200 Voyager XII

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 06:11:58 pm
It looks like that seat pan is designed for hinges. What bike was it originally designed for? It looks great on the C5.

WOW !  Your good !  Just like the stock C-5, there is a lot of ..... "International" to the parts
 that were added. 

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 06:32:53 pm
Looks killer.  Great paint job - I really like the knee cut outs a lot.  The graphics are great and really well done - Nice color choices.  Real classy, front to back.  That tail light is great... gives it character and makes it look like a rocket thrust.  Speaking of... how is the performance?

You guys should be, as I'm sure you are, pretty damn proud of this one.  Probably one of the nicest Enfield's on the planet.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #25 on: March 30, 2013, 09:55:37 pm
Cool bike with all the class of yesteryear and the technology of today. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: March 30, 2013, 11:05:15 pm
Looks killer.  Great paint job - I really like the knee cut outs a lot.  The graphics are great and really well done - Nice color choices.  Real classy, front to back.  That tail light is great... gives it character and makes it look like a rocket thrust.  Speaking of... how is the performance?

You guys should be, as I'm sure you are, pretty damn proud of this one.  Probably one of the nicest Enfield's on the planet.

Well .... I don't know about the Planet Boggy ! There are a lot of cool Bikes out there man.  But I'll give you at least the Nicest in my town. Thanks man, and yes, very proud.

The Tank indents were hammered in and smoothed out. And that tail light was a pretty cool and wild Idea by ScooterBob.  It's a '59 Caddy  "bullet"  tail light.  Mounted into a housing, made out of a 3" truck exhaust pipe . With a hole cut out of the back of the seat cowl. Housing welded in, and the hole beaded in  3/16" round stock and smoothed.

The performance is pretty darn good. And the motor work has been done in stages. It's NOT a 535 yet !  And I'm not painting that fender twice !   He..he...he   Starting last season after the bike was fully put back together. Scooterbob did a "little" Head work and we ran and tuned that for the summer and fall with good results.   Over this winter, he ground the Cams. And we have been busy working on those. I made adjustable push rods and converted the Hydraulic liters to solids. General dialing in and testing and such for the past month or so. And finishing it up with some Dyno time and tune yesterday with the PC-V.   The results were  29 and change HP and 31 and change Ft. lbs at the rear wheel. Not too bad !  Peaks around 4800 rpm's Just before it goes into a soft cut on the limiter at around 5200 rpm's.  So, at this time there is no need to use the rev extend feature on the PC-V .  it's would just free wheel the bike , with no gains.  And the Motor has some pretty dam! good cooling features!  We were probably in that booth for two hours and i don't think the motor got over 195 degree's.  BIG thanks to Shawn the tuner over at JDS Cycle..... the guy is amazing to watch!   Man..... everybody needs one of those machines in there garage ! Amazing the things it will tell ya....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:13:42 pm by gashousegorilla »

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: March 30, 2013, 11:18:08 pm
Cool bike with all the class of yesteryear and the technology of today. :)

Thanks Arizoni,  I do love this EFI.... damn interesting. The people at Keihin are very clever..... great system.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 11:31:53 pm
well done to both. great looking bike and a great build up  :) due to the hand made parts etc etc - i guess i won't be fabricating one of these works of art..............well outa my skill area ::)

ScooterBob

• Grand Gearhead
  • Yeah - I get it ....
Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 11:41:43 pm
I am guessing the 535 in the license plate is the scooterbob trademark "no replacement for displacement." Right ?

Anybody can up the displacement and go faster .... it takes a couple of REAL (stubborn Irish) men to "run what ya brung" and make it go faster. The displacement trick is probably next - with a different piston crown design ..... Heck - that little hotrod heep still has the stock piston in it!! Hahaha!
Spare the pig iron - spoil the part!