Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 155347 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #435 on: February 22, 2016, 01:29:59 am
Amazin', ain't it?
 :)

Hehehehe.  Oh yes it is !    THAT little design there,   worked quite well in shaving off a few tenths of a second , on an old 78 Camero down south .  ;)     And cost pennies....

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #436 on: February 22, 2016, 05:31:46 am
If you can make that long enough to get all the way to the first bend in the pipe, it should work even better.
 :)
Home of the Fireball 535 !

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #437 on: February 22, 2016, 05:42:34 am
 It's right there  ;)    See that clear spot in the header ?    I bet ya that area cleans up a little bit more..

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #438 on: November 14, 2016, 12:49:09 am
     Latest Dyno pull  after another season of hammering the bike... gawd this bottom end IS good.   Scooterbob and I figured, that since everyone ELSE has been getting one of those fancy multi angle valve jobs of his, we'd do it for ourselves finally !      Anways, the results are  36 HP and 38 ft lbs. at the wheel peak , at  about 5300 rpm's and 4500 rpm's respectively.   Gained a bit more in the mid-range , between 3000 and 4000 rpm's.   

Aus.GT

• Bulleteer
Reply #439 on: November 14, 2016, 07:15:47 am
     Latest Dyno pull  after another season of hammering the bike... gawd this bottom end IS good.   Scooterbob and I figured, that since everyone ELSE has been getting one of those fancy multi angle valve jobs of his, we'd do it for ourselves finally !      Anways, the results are  36 HP and 38 ft lbs. at the wheel peak , at  about 5300 rpm's and 4500 rpm's respectively.   Gained a bit more in the mid-range , between 3000 and 4000 rpm's.   

Excellent result, mind you I get a sore neck checking the sheet.
Bet you notice that when riding.
1988 Gilera Saturno 500
2014 Continental GT
1985 Ducati Mille S2

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #440 on: November 14, 2016, 09:52:52 pm

Excellent result, mind you I get a sore neck checking the sheet.
Bet you notice that when riding.

Heard that ! ;)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #441 on: November 14, 2016, 10:03:37 pm
   Some shot's of Scooterbobs beautiful Multi angle valve job . Love that swirl polish on the intake valve. Chamber and port work ain't to bad either  ;).....   

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #442 on: November 14, 2016, 10:06:53 pm

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #443 on: November 14, 2016, 10:13:50 pm

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #444 on: November 14, 2016, 10:21:08 pm
  And of course.... a just reword for a hard days spent. A bit of Irish Whiskey and some music to get one in the mood. ;D ;)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #445 on: November 14, 2016, 11:21:46 pm
    I have mentioned in the past an intake manifold modification .. somewhere back on this long arse thread ?!...  That I have been using and testing out in various configurations and in conjunction with ALL the other top end hot rod parts and combinations we have been working on, for these past four or five years now on mine ?   We also have been testing it out for at least the last few years on a completely stock C-5 .... both on the road and on the Dyno.

It's a simple vortex generator(s) installed behind the injector in the intake manifold which helps with fuel presentation into the chamber.  It helps to atomize the fuel better and it may create a low pressure area of it's leading edge to help with cylinder charging.  It was developed by a local long time tuner and natural gas drag racer by the name of Pete Burger.   I can tell you that it has certainly helped us with better HP and toque numbers, as well as better throttle response.  I can also tell you that is has improved that Bone stock C-5... to about 23-24 HP at the wheel without any other modification done.  Also with much better throttle response and shove out of that rear wheel and etc. But most impressively I think for that stock bike, it's done WITHOUT the need for a fuel correction as one would do with a PC-V or an EJK and etc.      Anyway's guys , it's been well tested and banged on and I like it and it does it's thing.   It not MY mod.. but I was just happy to test and tune on it for a friend and along with everything else we were doing.  If there is any interest in it, I would be happy to put you in touch with Pete.     He has fittingly called it the "Fin ".   Here's are a few pics of the double Fin arrangement that I use .....

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #446 on: November 14, 2016, 11:30:30 pm
   And a couple shots of the single "Fin" arrangement  tested on my bike and the Stock C-5.....

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #447 on: November 14, 2016, 11:48:16 pm
I installed a vortex generator called a Swarp in the intake tract of my 1978 Yamaha SR500, although it sure didn't look like that.  The device seemed to increase torque a little in the mid-range and decrease power at "high" revs.  It also seemed to improve throttle response slightly. So I kept it in until I sold the bike. I don't think the thing sold very well and a year after it came out I never heard about it again.   ???
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #448 on: November 14, 2016, 11:57:49 pm
Dual fin!!? :o That looks pretty sweet. It must still be experimental.

I only got the single from Pete! 

I haven't ridden enough since installation to make a statement yet, but it is a nicely crafted part, made from a stock RE intake. Installation was simple too. :)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #449 on: November 15, 2016, 12:29:14 am
Dual fin!!? :o That looks pretty sweet. It must still be experimental.

I only got the single from Pete! 

I haven't ridden enough since installation to make a statement yet, but it is a nicely crafted part, made from a stock RE intake. Installation was simple too. :)

Well.... if it were to ever stop RAINING in the pacific north west !    Hehehehe ! ;)   I'm sure Pete would love your input.  :)  And then if you like... we can swap my double for your single, and you can see how you like it.  I KNOW they are both good.  ;)   We actually put a different version of your's in that stock C-5 first and let the gentleman ride on it for a season... He loved the improvement.  THEN... we took it out an tortured him for a season without one. ;D   And he clambered to have it put BACK in the whole time.  Then YOUR's was developed... and ran in my bike  ;) and THEN back into that Stock C-5.   He's QUITE happy to not only have one back in , but an improvement over the first one he had. 

I installed a vortex generator called a Swarp in the intake tract of my 1978 Yamaha SR500, although it sure didn't look like that.  The device seemed to increase torque a little in the mid-range and decrease power at "high" revs.  It also seemed to improve throttle response slightly. So I kept it in until I sold the bike. I don't think the thing sold very well and a year after it came out I never heard about it again.   ???

I think I know what your talking about ?   Like a ring thing with with triangles sticking out into the air flow?    No... this is different design.  I think it would be fair to call in an airfoil. Where "angle of attack"  or where it's installed in the intake is important...considering the shape of the UCE intake port and how the air fuel mixture turns down into and past the valve head.  It's also like something you might see on the leading edge of wings on a plane... to help with lift I believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UlsArvbTeo
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 01:22:51 am by gashousegorilla »