Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 157446 times)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #375 on: February 13, 2016, 01:28:53 am
Bored?!?  Heh, right...

Did you have to cut that rounded "slot" out of one side like the OEM version has?

Ah.. yeah.  Round file  ;)

Well, it is at least doing  "SOMETHING ".      I believe it has a least leaned things out at idle.   My idle has picked up a bit.... a bit surgy.   Good sign I believe.  MAYBE better atomization and a more dense charge ?   I can richen THAT up a bit.....
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #376 on: February 13, 2016, 01:34:36 am
In theory, the spacer should increase midrange top end, but might flatten out around idle.  What's the weather been like there?
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #377 on: February 13, 2016, 01:38:09 am
In theory, the spacer should increase midrange top end, but might flatten out around idle.  What's the weather been like there?

Cold brother, too cold to tell or tune right now.    However , I have thought about that.... And I am also addressing the other end of things with the exhaust.....   

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #378 on: February 13, 2016, 01:25:25 pm
Have you considered installing a CGT throttle body?  Or is that not a financially viable route?

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #379 on: February 13, 2016, 04:29:32 pm
Have you considered installing a CGT throttle body?  Or is that not a financially viable route?

Ummmmm .. ..  You mean , JUST buy one ?  What fun would that be ?!   Hehehehe   ;)     Yeah, we have thought of that before the GT came out.  I'm thinking mine is a wee bit larger now then a GT's.       Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....... whirrrrrlll..... Brrrrrrrrrrrr.   ;D ;)

simca1200scoupe

• Scooter
  • Historic Racing !
Reply #380 on: February 13, 2016, 04:37:42 pm
Danny,

I think your idea is really not bad...many race engines had the injectors before the butterflies with good results - as you mentioned, more time for fuel mixing and atomization !
Best regards from Ottweiler Germany

Hardy

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #381 on: February 13, 2016, 05:50:21 pm
Danny,

I think your idea is really not bad...many race engines had the injectors before the butterflies with good results - as you mentioned, more time for fuel mixing and atomization !

Thanks Hardy,   But as you can imagine this is a minor step along along those idea's.   But it might help a bit.    Those race engines REV TO THE MOON.... Hahaha !  Yeah, before the butterfly or even double injected..... one before the butterfly for high rpm's, say over 6 or 8 grand ?  Then one closer too the valve for slower engine speeds.  I was looking at a the intake of some Suzuki super bike intake with that particular configuration......  Beautiful ports and intake, strait shots with the injectors and such.  First injector off of the valve  is spaced similar to our's  for better low speed behavior I figure.  But, We are only doing like 6 grand rpm's.  This is just a little movement back  and away from the valve.  Help a little as the revs come up, maybe.   Simple thing to try I figure ?     

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #382 on: February 13, 2016, 06:57:37 pm
armando_chavez... if GHG makes you an "offer" like that, you would be a fool to refuse it...

Agree.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #383 on: February 13, 2016, 08:01:01 pm
I wonder if Ace's GT head could have an injecter mounted in one of the plug holes for direct injection.....

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #384 on: February 13, 2016, 10:54:24 pm
The Motus bike was going to have direct injection, but they went with fuel injection instead.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #385 on: February 13, 2016, 11:13:23 pm
GDI usually has something like 2000-3000 PSI.  That'd be a big pump you'd need to find space for.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #386 on: February 13, 2016, 11:25:32 pm
    Ummmmmm ?   You know... THAT would be interesting.    I thought about that a little bit as well, with the  blank spot for the second plug ?     But...   Keep it simple , use most of what we already have, or what is readily available and maximize. ... Keep it simple approach.    But  you got me thinking !  :o

simca1200scoupe

• Scooter
  • Historic Racing !
Reply #387 on: February 14, 2016, 08:59:46 am
GDI usually has something like 2000-3000 PSI.  That'd be a big pump you'd need to find space for.

In fact......no way for a conversion as pump, injector and engine management needs to be completely different - regarding pressure: Germann WW2-aircrafts (ALL GDI to avoid carb icing) used Bosch high pressure Diesel injectons in the 150-180 bar range.

We really don't need it.....
Best regards from Ottweiler Germany

Hardy

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #388 on: February 14, 2016, 04:11:32 pm
Now you've done it!  You said it was both unnecessary and impossible.  I give it 6 months until Girilla has it installed ;)

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #389 on: February 14, 2016, 05:28:23 pm
In fact......no way for a conversion as pump, injector and engine management needs to be completely different - regarding pressure: Germann WW2-aircrafts (ALL GDI to avoid carb icing) used Bosch high pressure Diesel injectons in the 150-180 bar range.

We really don't need it.....

Now you've done it!  You said it was both unnecessary and impossible.  I give it 6 months until Girilla has it installed ;)

You know Scotty.....  A gentleman, some years ago challenged me once.  To build a C-5 Cafe racer.   ::)

Hardy, tell me more about these Bosch high pressure diesel injectors and Focke Wulf 190's and such ?!     Hahahaha !   Just kiddin'....