Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 155404 times)

bluesdaddy2

• Grease Monkey
  • aka Ross
Reply #360 on: November 20, 2015, 10:46:10 am
  I got a garage ... I got a pickup and trailer... I got tools .... I got some knowledge  ::)...... And I don't think I was ever accused of not helping someone out should they ask...... Just sayin'.......

When you moving to Vermont?  ;) Just askin'.......
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome/Black
1938 Harley-Davidson Model U (patiently waiting some TLC)
1975 HD Sportster (Gone but not forgotten)

Vergennes, VT
Ilion, NY

phoenixt

• Grease Monkey
  • "All that is rare is for the rare" Nietzsche
Reply #361 on: November 20, 2015, 12:25:36 pm
  AND going into the city is an expensive PIA.... I got ya.  Two of my boys are around your age and in Collage, so I know where your coming from ;)   You did a nice job on that bike.  I haven't really followed what you did to the motor, but popping and it died is pretty vague ?  Whelp, I'm about a half hour from you... I got a garage ... I got a pickup and trailer... I got tools .... I got some knowledge  ::)...... And I don't think I was ever accused of not helping someone out should they ask...... Just sayin'.......

You are a good and fine person GHG.

Steve
“Those who have a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'.”
― Viktor E. Frankl

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #362 on: November 21, 2015, 03:47:20 am
armando_chavez... if GHG makes you an "offer" like that, you would be a fool to refuse it...

My last name is not Corleone Matt !  D'oh !    Hahahahahha !  ;)

When you moving to Vermont?  ;) Just askin'.......

Ummmmm ?...... Pulling Northern Pike out on every other cast, from the upper reaches of Lake Champlain ?   Cross country skying  around mount Snow, with a flask of brandy to keep you warm ?  Great pancakes, with that powdered sugar on top..... best maple syrup on the globe ?    Yeah, I could get use to it !   ;)

You are a good and fine person GHG.

Steve

Oh come on, I think any of youse' would offer the same.  ;) :)
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #363 on: November 22, 2015, 06:33:05 pm
He is a good fine person, that's for sure.  But I also get the sense he may be a bit bored and looking for projects.  I've had more than a few friend's bikes in my garage to help them out too.  Great way to spend a weekend when you've got nothing to do.

Scott

Otto_Ing

Reply #364 on: November 22, 2015, 09:14:04 pm
GHG, in the long run I want my CGT to be "British Racing Green". The green you used on your bike looks like the perfect match, may I ask what paint code that is?

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #365 on: November 23, 2015, 02:46:29 am
He is a good fine person, that's for sure.  But I also get the sense he may be a bit bored and looking for projects.  I've had more than a few friend's bikes in my garage to help them out too.  Great way to spend a weekend when you've got nothing to do.

Scott

Hahahaha !  You know me well Scotty.  ;)   I AM bored !!   And would love nothing more , then to build another Enfield Hot Rod.  I just finished a .... dare i say it ?  Chopper, with blue metal flake paint no less !? :o :-[  Which was a struggle to get through ! Inspiration was lacking a bit.  :-\    And now I am stuck with a scooter , that was in a saltwater flood on Long Beach Island !  >:(   Where is the dumpster ?!

GHG, in the long run I want my CGT to be "British Racing Green". The green you used on your bike looks like the perfect match, may I ask what paint code that is?

Sure  Otto , the  "IRISH racing Green !"  ;)..... Is none metallic Dupont Chroma base... 1967 Jaguar- code 8461.   The cream or off white, is off of a 87' ford mustang I believe.... code 9A.  The silver on the frame is just an Aluminum tint base.    Both also Dupont Chroma.  Then I hit it all with a Dupont chroma gloss clear.

bluesdaddy2

• Grease Monkey
  • aka Ross
Reply #366 on: November 23, 2015, 01:26:17 pm
  Ummmmm ?...... Pulling Northern Pike out on every other cast, from the upper reaches of Lake Champlain ?   Cross country skying  around mount Snow, with a flask of brandy to keep you warm ?  Great pancakes, with that powdered sugar on top..... best maple syrup on the globe ?    Yeah, I could get use to it !   ;)

Let me know when you get here............. :)
2012 Royal Enfield C5 Chrome/Black
1938 Harley-Davidson Model U (patiently waiting some TLC)
1975 HD Sportster (Gone but not forgotten)

Vergennes, VT
Ilion, NY

Otto_Ing

Reply #367 on: November 23, 2015, 06:28:07 pm

Sure  Otto , the  "IRISH racing Green !"  ;)..... Is none metallic Dupont Chroma base... 1967 Jaguar- code 8461.   The cream or off white, is off of a 87' ford mustang I believe.... code 9A.  The silver on the frame is just an Aluminum tint base.    Both also Dupont Chroma.  Then I hit it all with a Dupont chroma gloss clear.

Thanks GHG, love the Irish Racing Green.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #368 on: December 01, 2015, 01:19:18 am
The line forms here:
1. ME !  :o  ;D
2.  Gremlin Bulletman
3.  Gremlin
4.Ice

;D  ;)

OK guys, the first go round of four Domed pistons are gone.   I will be ordering another set of a minimum of four shortly ....  One of which I believe is already spoken for.   If you are interested shoot me a PM.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #369 on: February 12, 2016, 11:52:32 pm
   A few more of those little horses jammed into the motor today.  ;)   After an intake mod and a plug heat range change.  Every little bit helps.   Good for  35.17 hp and 36.55  ft lbs.  consistently on the Dyno ....

Because it's winter , and I'm a little bored  ::)    See if we can stuff a couple more of those little horses in there ... Maybe ?   I have been thinking about the placement of the Injector, in particular it's distance from the Intake valve.  I  "THINK" it is rather close to the intake valve... at least for performance. And I think from what we have seen here, that fuel puddles a little too much in the intake port. Not so much on mine, but the stock bikes seem to do it.   I also think that a little more distance from the back of the valve will give the fuel spray from the injector a little more time spent in the intake port to atomize.  Hopefully.... gaining a little more efficiency from it, and in turn a wee bit more power.   I know from tuning on the bike, with the intake modification in the manifold placed behind the injector helps.  It atomizes the fuel better and is good for 1-4 hp, depending on the configuration.  Can't do much with the with the stock intake manifold, the injector location and it's angle ?    Also... I know the stock insulator between the intake port and manifold is crap.  At least for my needs.   It deteriorates and gets blown apart on the inside, around the intake port. 

So , with that in mind I figured I would play around and see if I could kill two birds with one stone..... Sorry Wildbill. ::)   From some scrap Phenolic material, a new insulator was made at a little over double the width of the stock insulator.   Moving the injector back a wee bit, and hopefully the material will prove better then the stock insulator.   Witchcraft ?   .... Maybe  ;)  ;D   But what the hell, lets see ?   I'm bored !  LOL !......

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #370 on: February 13, 2016, 12:50:24 am

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #371 on: February 13, 2016, 01:14:10 am

D'oh !   Sorry Matt, It's Friday and I had to run out for Pizza .... Alright, and some Chianti.  Hey, it IS Lent ?  ::)  There should be pictures....

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #372 on: February 13, 2016, 01:18:39 am
From some scrap Phenolic material, a new insulator was made at a little over double the width of the stock insulator.

Bored?!?  Heh, right...

Did you have to cut that rounded "slot" out of one side like the OEM version has?

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #373 on: February 13, 2016, 01:19:36 am
  A couple more perhaps.....

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #374 on: February 13, 2016, 01:24:23 am
  A couple more perhaps.....

Ok - I'll shut up and let you finish...  ;)