Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 155377 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #225 on: May 21, 2014, 10:24:05 am
I weigh around 165-170 pounds.........     ???

What are you thinking exactly?    :)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Roeland

• Grease Monkey
Reply #226 on: May 21, 2014, 02:29:33 pm
  Ok, a little up date on the most recent mods to the bike over the winter..... Finally got some time to get it on a Dyno, and get a tune on her and see what she can do. Besides the AVL piston, lightened rockers and etc. We put in some new valve springs, beehive's... retainers and keepers. To further lighten the valve train AND to keep it under control for the added 1000 RPM's we can now rev it to, with the rev extend feature on the PC-V.   The result's are 33.25 HP and 34.75 ft lbs of torque at the wheel.  Or about another 10 % increase over the previous set up.  I'm guessing ?....  We are in the neighborhood of 40 HP give or take, at the crank .

Also, we are trying a intake mod that mounts in the intake manifold which is showing  promise and gains . It's called the  "FIN" .  Developed and tested by local tuner's  Pete Burger and Shawn Eisenmenger on other applications . It basically helps with the flow in the manifold by reducing the air drag on the walls of the manifold. We are playing with that now and see what we can do.

Dyno sheet on a file below.....
Fantastic.....

Roeland

• Grease Monkey
Reply #227 on: May 21, 2014, 02:30:09 pm
That will be the first EFI UCE doing the TON !

CONGRATULATIONS GHG !!!
He beat me to it....

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #228 on: May 22, 2014, 03:27:36 am
I weigh around 165-170 pounds.........     ???

What are you thinking exactly?    :)

Well.... I'm thinkin' my current rider, may be slowin' me down a bit ?  The boy can ride . but he needs to lay of the Guinness !!  ::) ;D

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #229 on: May 22, 2014, 03:41:01 am
Fantastic.....

He beat me to it....

Thanks Roland  ;)   A few years of hard work, sticking to it, passion, testing and tuning . I love doing it.  Just like I'm sure you do as well.   

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #230 on: May 22, 2014, 03:46:35 am
That guy is tubby, and bag pipes are not aerodynamic. It's not mentioned much but Rollie Free had to set his aside on that historic day.

Scott

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #231 on: May 22, 2014, 03:54:44 am
That guy is tubby, and bag pipes are not aerodynamic. It's not mentioned much but Rollie Free had to set his aside on that historic day.

Scott

Oh man.... Too funny.  :'( :'(  :) :) Wippin' my eye's......

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #232 on: May 22, 2014, 04:23:20 am
Well.... I'm thinkin' my current rider, may be slowin' me down a bit ?  The boy can ride . but he needs to lay of the Guinness !!  ::) ;D

(chest thump) respect !
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #233 on: May 22, 2014, 12:37:01 pm

Hahahaha!     ;D   Well, that is definitely one advantage that I've always had on bikes.  With my metabolism I've always been on the skinny side, my wife calls me manorexic.  LOL  As far as that Guinness, perhaps a switch to scotch is to be had.  It's much more effiecnt when it comes to the buzz to calories ratio.    ;)

Scottie J

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #234 on: May 23, 2014, 05:12:56 pm
Hahahaha!     ;D   Well, that is definitely one advantage that I've always had on bikes.  With my metabolism I've always been on the skinny side, my wife calls me manorexic.  LOL  As far as that Guinness, perhaps a switch to scotch is to be had.  It's much more effiecnt when it comes to the buzz to calories ratio.    ;)

Scottie J

He...he..he.  Yes , true Scottie. But lets not encourage him now.     Ummmmm....... manorexic ? stature of a Jockey?  Upper body strength of a Gorilla ?   It may go way north of the ton !?   LOL !   ;)

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #235 on: May 23, 2014, 06:02:15 pm
GHG.....I think it's about time we swapped our bikes, after all mine is Da Bomb, it's almost stock, may not be as fast as yours...but since mine is slower it's safer.....after all being good forum members, we ought to look out for the safety of our brethren... ;D
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #236 on: May 23, 2014, 06:21:37 pm
Don't you have an abandoned airstrip out your way that you can play on?  I might need to make a trip to Jersey.   ;D

Scottie J

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #237 on: May 23, 2014, 10:09:14 pm
Such a great Bullet.  One of the best, I'm sure of it.  Performance numbers are pretty exciting.  Great work.

I'm light.  Get it out to SoCal and I'll gladly ride it for yah!  8)
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #238 on: May 23, 2014, 10:25:03 pm
GHG.....I think it's about time we swapped our bikes, after all mine is Da Bomb, it's almost stock, may not be as fast as yours...but since mine is slower it's safer.....after all being good forum members, we ought to look out for the safety of our brethren... ;D

BWAHAHAHAHA !!   Yeah...Yeah....Yeah.... Brother.  Your looking out for my safety are ya ?  ::) YOU just wanna go out and and challenge some Sportsters and 650 Bonnies !  ;D ;)

Don't you have an abandoned airstrip out your way that you can play on?  I might need to make a trip to Jersey.   ;D

Scottie J

Oh ! .... I can find me a road Scottie. Come on out, there is still some country out west of here.  ;)  And we'll do up that Blackhawk too!!.... Be a Sweet Cafe bike for sure. I actually had to spend a little time... Ah... restricting it some  ::)  For the street that is !  It certainly is LOUD with that 1 7/8 header dumping that last hot pulse into the wide open Meggie.  A little to loud for the very decent gentleman in the next town over, who politely asked me to park that bike, in that bank parking lot. And walk home. And while your at it..... put on a proper helmet. very decent I would say !  And considering I have to ride through that town to get to work....

I also just got back from weighing the bike. I stopped by a scrap yard and put it on there truck scale and it weighed in at 380 pounds in it's full street configuration.... I could go lighter. ;)

Such a great Bullet.  One of the best, I'm sure of it.  Performance numbers are pretty exciting.  Great work.

I'm light.  Get it out to SoCal and I'll gladly ride it for yah!  8)

Thanks again Boggy  ;)    Ohooooo.... Southern California ! I might just take you up on that !   Wait..... I thought you were a Boston Boy ?

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:39:00 pm by gashousegorilla »

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #239 on: May 23, 2014, 10:54:47 pm
I'll always bleed Sox red and piss Bruins gold, but life is too short and I desperately needed a change of scenery.  8 months so far in sunny, snow free SoCal.  Best months in a long while. 
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM