Author Topic: Uphill sputtering? and slow throttle response?  (Read 13553 times)

Sectorsteve

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: November 13, 2016, 04:35:32 am
Ive had no E start for a while. I only kickstart as my solenoid has gone. I guess if i want the e start backbi better connect that neutral switch

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: November 19, 2016, 09:58:42 pm
Many thanks GHG for the info regarding adjustment.

Finally got round to testing today. Idle show 0.9v - 1.0v. WOT is less than 5. I don't know what effect that has but I'm going to adjust because I can :)

Hope the KOSO has no effect on voltage reading.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: November 19, 2016, 10:53:04 pm
Many thanks GHG for the info regarding adjustment.

Finally got round to testing today. Idle show 0.9v - 1.0v. WOT is less than 5. I don't know what effect that has but I'm going to adjust because I can :)

Hope the KOSO has no effect on voltage reading.

.9v ?!   :o   I would venture a guess ,that your Air fuel ratio would be on the RICH side of things when you are not in closed loop.   Fouling plugs and a need to open up.. or may have needed to open up your idle screw to get a good idle ?    With that set screw on the TPS... and with your meter hooked up.  JUST loosen the screw a bit , and tap the side of the TPS .  You will see the change in your voltage reading. Then tighten it back down, as you watch your voltage reading.. it may change a bit as you tighten it down.   So it might take a little back and forth with the TPS voltage adjustment and tightening the screw....  You'll get the hang of it. ;)  Adjust it when the bike is at idle and after it's warm.  After your done with the TPS adjustment... don't be surprised if you have to do a little idle adjustment.  And be careful... If you loosen that TPS set screw TOO much , the voltage will just swing a little more wildly.

The Koso should have nothing to do with your TPS Voltage. 
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

JVS

• Grand Gearhead
  • I love chicken
Reply #33 on: November 19, 2016, 11:19:18 pm
0.9V  :o is out of the recommended range. Did you have your multimeter upside down?  ;D ;D Might've been 0.6?

But like GHG said, adjust it and have it set around 0.6V.
Sons continuing wars, our fathers were enemies

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: November 20, 2016, 07:48:10 pm
Haha JVS ;)

TPS now set to 0.63 which is close as I could get it more or less. Well it's certainly made a difference throttle wise, not such a off and on feeling now.

To think it's been like this for 2.5 years since owning the bike lol.

Will be keeping a closer eye on it in the future in case it decides to vibrate itself into a new position.

Also worth noting, in the times I've pulled the plug, I've never seen it sooted up.

Now we need Peacefulllegend to come back and tell us his problem is fixed.

Dharmabum

• Scooter
Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 01:11:00 am
Battery terminal connections mine had a cracked negative connection caused sluggishness etc once replaced all good Now have a spare crimp in my tool kit.