Author Topic: Sorry...another newby intro!  (Read 3480 times)

kcRoyal

• KC Royal
  • Scooter
on: March 26, 2013, 02:33:35 am
I just want to say hello...I guess this is a good sign (more newbies getting into the Enfields)...I've been following this sight for about six months, and I finally decided to jump in and get my feet wet. I was intrigued by reading the many posts about Royal Enfields. What became clear was it seemed the owners truly loved owning and riding their bikes. I wound up searching the numerous bike forums, web sites, etc looking for everything I could find about RE.

What I found only made me more fascinated with the brand, and I decided I needed to try one for myself. I recently purchased a 2012 C5 Black/Chrome and I couldn't be happier....considering I'm in my late 40's (cough) I felt like kid on Christmas morning. I can't wait to get out for a ride....of course the snow in KC is kinda getting in the way...

I am really happy I took the plunge and I look forward to getting to know all of you.....especially Gremlin....He makes me laugh!  8)
2012 C5 Classic Chrome

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:23:16 am
Welcome kcRoyal ! Your in for a treat for sure. These bikes are fantastic !
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

benknrobbers

• Scooter
  • Bohica
Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:39:05 am
I'm over at Whiteman. Maybe see you around somewhere.
Always prepare for the worst and your surprises will always be pleasant ones.

kcRoyal

• KC Royal
  • Scooter
Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 02:49:03 pm
Thanks for the welcome...benknrobbers, I am retired AF. Retired a little over 2.5 years ago. I loved every minute of it and would do it over again in a heartbeat. I spent the majority flying B-1s and B-52s and decided to hand up my boots at Ft Leavenworth. I live just west of KC, and did my final retirement outprocessing at Whiteman. I really like the base. I plan on doing the post MSC here at Leavenworth as well, and I understand, like most military training its painful and a lot of hurry up-and wait.  I would enjoy riding with you.
2012 C5 Classic Chrome

Bulletman

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 - C5 Classic Black
Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 03:45:58 pm
Welcome to the forum KC, Its lots of fun and congrats on your new shiny Bike  :)
+1 for Gremlin...
Cheers
"A Blast from my Past"
Black C5 2011

kcRoyal

• KC Royal
  • Scooter
Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 05:49:29 pm
Thanks Bulletman! In my quest for a bike, I just happened to find a couple youtube video's of a black/chrome C5 posted by Jewel W in Australia (not sure if this is also Wild Bill here) which hit me like a rock....I figured it was the one for me...kinda like picking my wife, I knew it when I saw her. lol
2012 C5 Classic Chrome

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 10:51:36 pm
video still going strong with 30,000 plus hits ;D

kcRoyal

• KC Royal
  • Scooter
Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 11:18:19 pm
Hi Wildbill...really enjoyed your youtube videos. Thanks for sharing. You have some great mods on your bikes. Do you still have both the maroon and black versions? how did your saddlebags work on the black chrome bike? what else have you added in the last 5 months?
2012 C5 Classic Chrome

benknrobbers

• Scooter
  • Bohica
Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 06:08:28 am
Once I get all legal to ride, I'll probably find some excuse to head over that way. I'm thinking I'll need to go to bass pro for something.... maybe not having a lot of carry space will keep me from spending half my paycheck.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 10:54:58 pm
You can take it from me.  After you get all legal and the weather turns nice you'll find all sorts of excuses to ride all sorts of places you never thought you'd need to go to. :)

Even after almost 2 years of owning my RE I find myself thinking, "Where can I ride to tomorrow?" :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

kcRoyal

• KC Royal
  • Scooter
Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 01:19:19 am
Once I get all legal to ride, I'll probably find some excuse to head over that way. I'm thinking I'll need to go to bass pro for something.... maybe not having a lot of carry space will keep me from spending half my paycheck.

True....then you could  spend your other half at Cabela's as well.  :) By the way I'm close to both!
2012 C5 Classic Chrome

kcRoyal

• KC Royal
  • Scooter
Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 01:30:57 am
You can take it from me.  After you get all legal and the weather turns nice you'll find all sorts of excuses to ride all sorts of places you never thought you'd need to go to. :)

Even after almost 2 years of owning my RE I find myself thinking, "Where can I ride to tomorrow?" :)

hehe...I find myself thinking the same thing now and I'm not yet legal to ride  :)
2012 C5 Classic Chrome

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 02:13:53 am
Hi kcRoyal,
 Welcome aboard and congrats on your Bullet.
No matter where you go, there, you are.

benknrobbers

• Scooter
  • Bohica
Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 03:52:52 am
Hey KC, I just noticed this in the discussion about reclaiming the tool box/airfilter mod

O.K. The weekend of the 23rd I am attending a camp out/rally for RE owners here in MO.  The place is an hour  to an hour and a half away from where I reside.  I'll top off and record the mileage before I get underway and then see where I'm at either during the rally or when I get home from it.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 07:52:19 am
Saddle bags were good. Bit on the thin side but looked good on the bike.Only have the maroon version  now- shown below in stealth mode.  :o