Author Topic: Epic BSA Club Ride  (Read 6193 times)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 05:44:35 pm
I always had great service from them before,and they always asked me if I want ed to have a bike totaled or not. This time no questions. NO desire for my input at all. They just totaled it and anything I said wasn't to be heard. Literally, all (totaled) or nothing (0).  The adjuster was a real ass.
The bike didn't appear to me to have much wrong with it. I looked it over quite closely. With a few minor repairs, like throttle cables, I could've ridden it home! It was running fine.
The yard was IAAI (.com) branch 132, Fontana. I don't recall the address, but it was just south of the Fontana racetrack. The claim number is 13-5401759
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 08:18:14 pm
That's a bummer.  I bet Progressive wouldn't be pleased to hear you will not be using them because of one of their employees.
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 11:12:42 pm
bare
Looking back on things you probably should have told them you wanted the bike, complete with its junk yard title.
I think that kind of title only means something to some future buyer where it can greatly reduce the price a person can ask but because you really didn't plan on selling it I wouldn't think that would matter to you.

As for insurance companies totaling bikes, that's what Dairyland did with my BMW K-75 even though all of the damage was just cosmetic.
The thing that griped me was they asked some local BMW dealer what he thought it was worth and he gave them his wholesale price guess instead of the value of a undamaged retail price.
With that in hand they refused to give me enough money to buy a similar used bike. :(
All of this wonderful service to someone who had paid them their fee for over 30 years without a claim. :(
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 09:46:46 pm
That's the beast.
I didn't check on the whole salvage title thing, but I have heard that the title makes getting insurance a pain, too. With what they gave me, though, I could easily replace the bike with a new G5 and come out ahead, even by building another Cafe Racer out of it. But since Enfield is going to do all the work for me with a lot of stuff I didn't have on mine, 535 engine, rear disk, hopefully better suspension, etc) why bother? The only thing I see missing on the CafeRacer is the flyscreen and all I need there is the plexiglass.
The only bad part about it is the wait!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 10:32:08 pm
Actually, your old bike doesn't look like it is in very bad condition!
A new fuel tank and maybe straightening the bars and a new right hand mirror.  It is missing the key though and who'd a thought?  Someone stole the radio!   ;D
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

1 Thump

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 10:41:52 pm
Interestingly all the RE's at that auction were insured by Progressive.

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Reply #22 on: March 30, 2013, 12:08:09 am
 I put the key in your fanny pack the day of your accident. I wonder what it's worth to them ? Ponder .  .  .  .
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: March 30, 2013, 12:12:17 am
It really does make me wonder.

All three of the Royal Enfields they show could be repaired for very little money.  Bare's is probably the worst of the bunch.

Take this white 2007 for instance.  The only real damage I see is a broken rear right hand turn signal.

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/VehicleDetails.aspx?auctionID=0&itemID=14377910&RowNumber=2&loadRecent=True

Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe