Author Topic: Hitchcocks Site. Total Frustration  (Read 1440 times)

Darvin Jahnke

• Scooter
on: March 21, 2013, 01:23:40 pm
I will be the first to admit that I am no computer expert but I have ordered hundreds of parts on line. However this site is total frustration. Why can't they list the parts and prices,you add it to your cart and check out. I must be doing something wrong.They say prices don't include shipping or tax,but where are the prices?Do you only see the price when you check out?

Damon

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 01:34:26 pm
I've ordered from Hitchcock's about 4 times and have never had any issues with the site. The prices on all their parts online clearly had the prices listed, albeit in British Pound. Not sure what you are looking for but when I look at their site all prices are shown? You can also just order from our site Host.

Damon
2005 Royal Enfield Bullet 612 Continental
1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor Mk1
1956 BSA GoldStar DBD34GS Flat track racer
1971 Datsun 510 2-door sedan

AVL Power!

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 01:51:19 pm
I will be the first to admit that I am no computer expert but I have ordered hundreds of parts on line. However this site is total frustration. Why can't they list the parts and prices,you add it to your cart and check out. I must be doing something wrong.They say prices don't include shipping or tax,but where are the prices?Do you only see the price when you check out?

It worked fine for me too.

Once you have added the items to your cart, you hit "Checkout" to go to the final transaction related page. Make sure you are logged and once you are thru, you will see this page...

Now, you can do a lot of stuff in that page. You can choose payment gateways, check/calculate shipping and to see the items that you have added in your cart you need to hit the "View basket" thingy. On the left hand side, you will see the "Shipping" options too.

Hope this helps!

-Sanket

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 02:30:55 am
Worked fine for me, too...  A whole exhaust system for Fiona from the UK to Michigan in a week, and I knew what the price was (albeit without shipping) before I pulled the trigger.
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 07:47:45 am
They calculate shipping after your order, depending on what the actual cost is.  So no, you won't see it before you order.  VAT won't be charged if you're in the US.

Not normal practice but it's not like you have an alternative on many items.  They do, as I recall, give you the shipping cost once they send you the notification that the order is on its way.