Author Topic: Sudden loss of power (and: reflections on being stranded by the side of the road  (Read 9325 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
I'd get a new connector and use a new wire from the battery terminal to get some slack.  Make sure it's a click connector, not just a friction fit.

Scott

Rich Mintz

• Grand Gearhead
  • Daily rider in the city
KS, I found the Winchester dealer online and that was going to be my backup plan if I couldn't get a truck to take the bike back to NYC myself -- I'd have the rescue tow driver take me there. I've heard good things about those guys elsewhere too.

There's supposedly a dealer NW of Baltimore too (in Eldersburg) but when I tried calling them, their listed phone had been disconnected.
Rich Mintz - New York City
richmintz@richmintz.com
2010 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 • 2015 SYM Symba
[/URL]

GreenMachine

• Grand Gearhead
Rich: The one in Winchester is off of route 50, was there 4 years ago and if memory serves me right, they have a large operation selling a variety of brands.  Glad to see the good revues on them as its 1.5 hours from my locale.  ..Go figure,  loose ground/snap connector. Its a ashamed you had to go through that goat rope due to it.  Five years ago, I took all the ground points off and cleaned up the contact area with a dremel tool. As has been mentioned more than once, the pig tail wiring under the rear fender for the lights needs looking over and if needed addressed.
I was waiting to see if you gotten yourself in a pickle and needed a place to stay and park your bike in a garage.  I'm on the other side of DC towards Warrenton...Before I knew it, you flew the coop and was headed back to NYC with a truck...You were obviously prepared for the worst.
Enjoy the pics and haven't looked at the video yet, been busy myself with the bikes and its the time of year to get back in the saddle..GM.
Oh Magoo you done it again

Rich Mintz

• Grand Gearhead
  • Daily rider in the city
I'm glad to know there's a RE dealer within reach of DC that has good reviews. I'll be riding to DC again (work takes me there often) so this knowledge may come in handy. GM, perhaps I'll see you on one of these trips.

While we're on the subject, do any of you around NYC know the reputations of the other area dealers? My dealer (Carbon Negative in Brooklyn) is friendly but they're way understaffed and don't do a lot of RE volume so I worry they aren't an adequate backup for me.

Cycle City in Sloatsburg (off 87 in north Rockland County) -- they are a big RE seller so I assume they can service

Gold Coast and UK Motorsports on Long Island

Rich Mintz - New York City
richmintz@richmintz.com
2010 Royal Enfield Bullet C5 • 2015 SYM Symba
[/URL]

kammersangerin

• Bulleteer
I bought my bike at Gold Coast, and because I had problems the first time I rode it, I am not quite sure what to think. I really like them and their people in terms of personality and how they talk to you. They were extremely easy to work with. They held the bike for me because I couldn't go up before I left for Japan for a month. I really appreciated that. They said change the plug, I did, it took care of the problem, but only temporarily.( more on that later.) I will call them back to let them know the results because they asked me to. So, bascially, I think they are great people, and they are out to treat you well and sell you a good bike, but I don;t know how well they really know the bikes.