Author Topic: My Royal Enfield  (Read 18531 times)

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 05:16:30 pm
Glad yer doin good,YG

young gun

• Bulleteer
Reply #31 on: June 02, 2013, 04:48:55 pm
Well my Ace Air Canister has arrived and been installed and wow, happy with the results. I didn't think I would notice the difference but wow, the bikes a lot more gutsy in the low end and sounds a lot better :) a lot more fun to ride! Can't wait to get the rest now. Ill take a pic once the sun comes up on this side. Oh and the air box has now become my toolbox, bonus!

Thanks Tom! :) great service
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:51:37 pm by young gun »

Chuck D

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 01:45:34 am
Well my Ace Air Canister has arrived and been installed and wow, happy with the results. I didn't think I would notice the difference but wow, the bikes a lot more gutsy in the low end and sounds a lot better :) a lot more fun to ride! Can't wait to get the rest now. Ill take a pic once the sun comes up on this side. Oh and the air box has now become my toolbox, bonus!

Thanks Tom! :) great service
I had the same exact reaction. Best $90 (or whatever it was) I spent on the bike.
Chuck.
Ace "Fireball"#10 (Beefy the Bullet to her friends.)
 "Featherbed" frame by Rofomoto.

2017 Triumph T120

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 12:02:09 pm
Glad you liked it!

Free-flow improvement makes a big difference on these bikes, and this canister has a variety of proper design features which are present in it that play big roles in the overall performance and enjoyment.
Not the least of which is that it runs quietly because it baffles the intake noise, but still flows as good or better than the noisy filters.
And because it is supported with a frame bracket, it doesn't stress the rubber manifold connector hose, so that hose is less likely to get holes in it that are so common.
I took a lot of effort to design this so that it dealt with all the concerns that were needed on the application.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

young gun

• Bulleteer
Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 12:42:24 pm
Great design, really impressed and this morning it was so much fun in the traffic :)

young gun

• Bulleteer
Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 12:46:34 pm
On another note, the guy that serviced my bike said my sprag clutch was gone which wasnt a suprise :( I have been kick starting the bike up until now so its not a biggy but its something I will need to get fixed sooner or later.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 01:46:33 pm
On another note, the guy that serviced my bike said my sprag clutch was gone which wasnt a suprise :( I have been kick starting the bike up until now so its not a biggy but its something I will need to get fixed sooner or later.

If you can get by with just kick starting, you'll be better off to just ditch that sprag.
It is not a good design, and it will fail over and over again. It's pretty expensive to fix.
Many people just buy the kick start inner primary case and eliminate all the ES parts totally, and revert it to KS. Saves quite a bit of weight, looks more "vintage", and eliminates the recurring headache of failed sprags.
Alternatively, the cheapest way out is to remove the ES inner primary and remove that cover plate behind the "hump", and withdraw the whole intermediate sprag gear cluster and shaft, refit the cover plate, and then put the primary case back together without it.  This eliminates the possibility of having bits fall out of the sprag to do damage in the primary. You can refit the starter motor to cover the hole(but the starter won't start the bike anymore), or you can remove it and make a cover plate for the hole.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:50:14 pm by ace.cafe »

young gun

• Bulleteer
Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 01:53:19 pm
i'll see what the cost implications are with regards to importing the Kick Start Inner Primary case to South Africa and take it from there :)

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 02:01:07 pm
Ace, I thought you stopped selling your filter a while ago? Back when the chrome melted some guys seat with reflection from the chrome. Are they back on the market or am I crazy.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 02:40:53 pm
Ace, I thought you stopped selling your filter a while ago? Back when the chrome melted some guys seat with reflection from the chrome. Are they back on the market or am I crazy.  ERC

I started making them available again, but I spray the top of the chrome lids with a matte "frost" finish that diffuses the sun reflection. The edges/rim of the chrome lid is still shiny, but the top is matte. It seems that solves the issues that were seen.
I just make them to order for those who ask about them now.

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: June 03, 2013, 03:07:06 pm
Thanks Ace, I'll be ordering one for my next project.  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

young gun

• Bulleteer
Reply #41 on: July 07, 2013, 06:56:11 am
Well it's been a long time posting :) I've moved jobs which required me building a new studio facility so that's taken up all my time :) but I had some time last weekend to clean and polish my lady so here are some pics :)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: July 07, 2013, 12:35:22 pm
The bike looks great!
The Ace Canister looks really good on it too!

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: July 07, 2013, 03:00:58 pm
Lookin' Good!    8)

I never realized just how long the factory exhaust is until I looked at pics 2 and 4.  I can totally see how the tip could scrape the pavement approaching steep inclines.  Sorry, just an observation after reading a post earlier in the week of someone trimming off their exhaust tip.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

young gun

• Bulleteer
Reply #44 on: July 07, 2013, 03:59:34 pm
Yeah I was hoping to replace the exhaust for the shorter version but my budget has had to be spent on other things :) ill get there and it's definitely on the cards as well as some leather pannier bags :)