Author Topic: Photos & Login  (Read 3527 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
on: November 07, 2012, 11:50:18 am
      It's really aggravating having the picture disappear every time you click Next or Previous image & then having to scroll it back up EVery time. Wouldn't this be a simple thing to fix?

Also what good does it do having an Always Stay Logged In check box when you NEVER stay logged in?

I have to log in EVERY time.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

LarsBloodbeard

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 05:50:37 pm
This might be a browser specific thing.  I'm using Chrome and don't have any problems.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:36:33 am
This might be a browser specific thing.  I'm using Chrome and don't have any problems.

Do the pictures stay centered on your screen as you go to Next Image or Previous Image? Mine jumps back to the Top of the page with every picture change leaving 1/2 the picture on the screen. I then have to scroll EVery picture back up to the center.

What about logging in? What does Always Stay Logged In MEAN? It doesn't seem to mean anything.

Ah, well. We certainly have WORSE problems.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 12:44:32 am
For me, checking the "Always Stay Logged in" makes the site recognize me every time I come here.

I do not have to enter my name and password.

If I don't have that checked, every time I come here I have to log in.

I'm running Firefox and I have it set to "accept cookies" from the sites I visit.

If your browser is not set to accept cookies, the "Always stay logged in" won't work because your browser will not be able to identify itself to this site so the site won't know who you are.
Setting the cookie accept or reject box is something each person must do while their browser is running.

If you haven't done this before, while your browser is running, click the help button and type in cookies. :)
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

LarsBloodbeard

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 12:52:00 am
            Do the pictures stay centered on your screen as you go to Next Image or Previous Image? Mine jumps back to the Top of the page with every picture change leaving 1/2 the picture on the screen. I then have to scroll EVery picture back up to the center.

What about logging in? What does Always Stay Logged In MEAN? It doesn't seem to mean anything.

Ah, well. We certainly have WORSE problems.

Oh, I see what you're saying.  If I scroll down to view an image in all it's glory, then click "next" it does indeed reload all elements on the page, and therefore it winds up back at the top.  That's something they could certainly change with a bit of fancy JavaScript or AJAX.

As to the other thing.  Once I checked "keep me logged in" I have never needed to log in again.

motorat

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 11:42:10 pm
if you login and put your password in wrong it takes you to another screen where there is an option to keep you logged in always.
i found this worked for me.
Joe
08 dl650abs
 c5 military