Author Topic: How long does shipping take?  (Read 3039 times)

raderj

• Bulleteer
  • Sgt Johnson USMC
on: March 13, 2013, 08:14:33 am
What is the average amount of time expected for items bought on NField Gear? Assuming nothing is on backorder.

I don't want to order parts too soon because I have not moved into my new apt yet.

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:26:19 pm
Nfield gear was quick to ship when I ordered from them.  seems like they had a tracking number the very next day.
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:20:43 pm
NFG is pretty quick when they have the stuff. However call in your order and only order what they have. Backorders can take forever...literally!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

GSS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 10:21:22 pm
My stuff has consistently shown up in 2-4 days.
2022 Continental GT 650 Dux Deluxe
2019 Himalayan Snow
2019 Interceptor 650 - Chrome...off the first boat!
Previous REs:
2021 Meteor 350 Supernova Blue
2014 Continental GT 535 - Red...lowest VIN off the first boat!
2010 Classic 500 - Teal Chrome

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 10:33:58 pm
I gotta agree with bare.
If something is not on hand, don't include it in your order for parts you want right away.

It seems the backordered parts are sent from India on one of those ships that keep getting taken by the pirates along the African coast.
There, the ships are held until someone pays the ransom fees to the pirates or until a Navy vessel sinks the pirates little dingys and boards the ship.
Then, there's the rounding of the horn that must be done, often at the risk of loosing the topsail's and the jib's.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Ragmas

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 12:27:36 am
NFG is pretty quick when they have the stuff. However call in your order and only order what they have. Backorders can take forever...literally!
Bare

I work in theater/entertainment industry.  NFG has two meanings in my world and it makes me chuckle very time I see it written.  Now, be fore I tell you the meaning if, you don't already know it, I am NOT saying that Nfield Gear has this issue. It is just funny.  So, when something breaks it gets labeled NFG which means No F*^%*£€ Good, or if the client is around, Non Functioning Gear.
2009 G-5 Military
Little Falls, NY

raderj

• Bulleteer
  • Sgt Johnson USMC
Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:12:07 am
I gotta agree with bare.
If something is not on hand, don't include it in your order for parts you want right away.

It seems the backordered parts are sent from India on one of those ships that keep getting taken by the pirates along the African coast.
There, the ships are held until someone pays the ransom fees to the pirates or until a Navy vessel sinks the pirates little dingys and boards the ship.
Then, there's the rounding of the horn that must be done, often at the risk of loosing the topsail's and the jib's.

;D
Bahahahaha!
I have witnessed "counter-piracy" operation off of the Horn. They don't come out to play much after a helicopter sends a rocket at one of their buddies.

Thanks for the info about shipping. Less than a week is good. I will make sure to call first.

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 08:41:23 pm
Backorders can take forever...literally!

At least seven months, assuming it was en route now... And that's no guarantee, either - of the four parts that my dealer ordered for repairing my bike, which was injured last August(!!!!!), three of them are now "on their way," although no one knows if that's from NFG in MN or from the factory in India.  The fourth piece is *still* back-ordered.

I will never, ever willingly purchase any RE item from NFG again, nor will I ever recommend anyone else buy anything from NFG. I will gladly spend twice as much at Hitchcocks' because I know the stuff will get here while I am still able to walk upright and ride my motorcycle.  To flaming hell with NFG.
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

Jack Leis

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2011 G5 Classic, F&%king Stolen
Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 10:02:26 pm
I will never, ever willingly purchase any RE item from NFG again, nor will I ever recommend anyone else buy anything from NFG. I will gladly spend twice as much at Hitchcocks' because I know the stuff will get here while I am still able to walk upright and ride my motorcycle.  To flaming hell with NFG.
 I agree with you Rigger. Ive been hosed by them as well. Hitchcock's been getting my business for awhile now.
I would much rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow    Jack