Author Topic: A Good Bang For Your Buck!  (Read 4087 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
on: January 27, 2016, 07:23:48 am
day started out good checked the bird aviaries and one young lime had just hatch plus 3 blues from another pair but I won't bore you all and discuss the $2000 they are worth...lol
I thought I do something far more important and shoot a video on my $60US outlay where I get far more bang for very little bucks!...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nFfU6-fgLLA

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 10:31:27 am
I thought I do something far more important and shoot a video on my $60US outlay where I get far more bang for very little bucks!...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nFfU6-fgLLA

What else can you do on a rainy day?

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 11:40:01 am
well matte  glad you asked. i did do a little bit more for the day...lol I also removed the chain guard - rear tail light box - oval tool box lid and battery cover and grab rail and sent them all off to the metal guy for chroming.
after that was done i did another trip to the aviaries to evaluated those birds again because that's what i do best-evaluate as i am driven by the $$$ and i think i will make a very easy $30K or more this breeding season on those feathery friends...lol
sounds a bit of money but just to play with these mutations its gonna cost the buyer $1050 a pair ..... so there gotta hand me $3000 just to cover their ass! in case some die...which they do! ;)
well that was my day! ;D

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 03:29:04 pm
Looks and sounds nice, Bill.  Good luck with your birds.  My daughter is into chickens.  She just ordered two of these chicks from a breeder.  Unfortunately, the rest of her family are getting sick of chickens, eggs, poop, clucking and scratching.  I think they are stocking up on flour and cooking oil right now.
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 03:30:16 am
nice looking chickens too. have seen the white but not the coloured version

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 02:42:33 pm
nice looking chickens too. have seen the white but not the coloured version

My daughter expects to get white ones.  They ought to look great after a mud bath in the backyard.  She is hoping that one of them isn't going to grow up to be a rooster.  If that happens it will have to be relocated somewhere that has neighbors that don't mind waking up at 4am.   :o  And that don't own shotguns.   ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

The Old Coot

• Grand Gearhead
  • A car moves the body, a motorcycle moves the soul
Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 02:52:35 pm
Richard roosters do NOT crow at 4 a.m. you know? they START at 4 a.m. and crow all day long!
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2015 Royal Enfield C5 black
2008 Bullet ES 5 Iron Barrel

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 03:25:15 pm
Silkies are nice ornamental chickens. Look up "chicken tractor" on the web. It's easy to make,  and is excellent for keeping small numbers of chickens in the lowest maintenance way, with least smell and problems. You just roll it to another spot on the yard every couple of days, and freshen up the feed and water.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:27:43 pm by ace.cafe »
Home of the Fireball 535 !

dogboy443

• Future RE Enthusiast
  • Scooter
Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 05:14:03 pm
That blue is gorgeous Bill and sounds real nice. Just this video featuring the new colors. The white and mint julep green are nice, but the fire engine red with the tan seats is mouth watering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaWJOzY6nHE

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 03:38:03 am
glad you like the colour. as for the muffler I think its almost impossible to beat that price and the note for that bit of money....over the past 3 years I've certainly tried a few of them and this is an area where price doesn't guarantee better...lol
yeah I don't mind the mint one either but I try not to look at colours lately ;)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 10:32:47 am
yeah I don't mind the mint one either but I try not to look at colours lately ;)

If this new blue one really is the mythical smooth runner you say it is, why not quit there?  You already know how to temporarily change a bike's colors... this we know!  ;)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 12:31:36 pm
matte
you don't understand! I've never been short of a $$$ my whole life and very rarely heard the word no! I will continue to buy bikes or any other crap I feel like till the party is over. ive done this for 45 or more years now -its imprinted in me buy! buy! buy! ::) ::) ::)
won't matter whatever I get -I will never be satisfied. I've had it too easy and as soon as I buy something I move onto the next. that's why I am now chroming the blue bike...bored I guess...lol
so you just have to put up with my bike buying and painting or leave the forum -choice is yours. either way I don't expect to buy another for a few months or more ;D and remember if it wasn't for my buying power- you wouldn't have that much of interest to read or comment on!
next you'll complain about my grammar but I couldn't care less because when my business phone rings and I step out the door ....I am on $200 an hour ;D and they friggin fools pay it....lol lol lol

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 12:48:59 pm
glad you like the colour. as for the muffler I think its almost impossible to beat that price and the note for that bit of money....over the past 3 years I've certainly tried a few of them and this is an area where price doesn't guarantee better...lol

Where did you get the muffler, if I may be so nosey?  Did you source it down under or order it from abroad?
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 12:18:53 am
matte
you don't understand! I've never been short of a $$$ my whole life and very rarely heard the word no! I will continue to buy bikes or any other crap I feel like till the party is over. ive done this for 45 or more years now -its imprinted in me buy! buy! buy! ::) ::) ::)
won't matter whatever I get -I will never be satisfied. I've had it too easy and as soon as I buy something I move onto the next. that's why I am now chroming the blue bike...bored I guess...lol
so you just have to put up with my bike buying and painting or leave the forum -choice is yours. either way I don't expect to buy another for a few months or more ;D and remember if it wasn't for my buying power- you wouldn't have that much of interest to read or comment on!
next you'll complain about my grammar but I couldn't care less because when my business phone rings and I step out the door ....I am on $200 an hour ;D and they friggin fools pay it....lol lol lol

Oh, I understand... ;D

I don't expect you to follow my advice, of course!  Keep on buying - what else have I got to do?   ;)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 01:31:21 am
well that was yesterday and I got a bit excited...lol but today I wouldn't have bothered to. I went up to feed the birds as usual and did a nest inspection and looked in this particular nest box -jackpot a $2000 nest.
now just like old jack in goldrush - all I gotta do is keep them alive ::) that's the hard part