Author Topic: '58 Trailblazer Engine Painted  (Read 3059 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
on: March 06, 2013, 12:05:31 am
I've been getting down and dirty, well, not real dirty, working on getting everything painted.  I'm all finished up with the engine now, and as soon as I get the metal flakes I'll get the frame/swing arm/fork tubes painted and then on to the tank and fender.

2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 01:23:47 am
I think it looks good.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

bill440cars

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 07:05:31 pm

Sure liking THIS!!!!!! I have ALWAYS liked the Trailblazer, Apache and The Woodsman.  8)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 07:24:15 pm
    Sure liking THIS!!!!!! I have ALWAYS liked the Trailblazer, Apache and The Woodsman.

I have fallen in love with this bike and I've only been around the block a few times on a bad magneto!   Best part is, when I acquired this bike, I didn't even know what it was.  It was sitting in my buddies pull shed collecting dust and I kept bugging him about it.  Finally one day he says "You know what?  You did such a great job painting my brother's '56 Bel Air.....  Give me a hand when it comes time to paint my nephews truck, and you can have the bike."  I freaked out!  Then he told me it was a '58 Indian, and I freaked out even more!  LOL

It took me a good week or two before I was even sure what exactly I had, and it's been an exciting project, dare I say adventure, ever since.  My wife is also convinced that I'm having an affair with my bike.  I asked her why and she said because I spend more time with my bike than I do with her.  I wanted to tell her the bike treats me with respect and dignity, but I didn't want to have to SLEEP in the garage.   ;D   I only kid, my wife is great.  But I still don't tell her how much I'm spending on it.  I just tell her WHAT I'm doing and leave it at that.

Originally, I was just going to get it running.  But once I did everything I could and realized the mag is shot, I decided that I was going to do a custom restoration and make everything new again.  The only thing holding me back is money.  But I'm sure many of you can relate to that. 

Scottie

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 05:56:56 am
Just ordered the black micro flake!  Should be here just about the time I'm finished prepping the frame and swing arm.  Damn I'm getting excited!   ;D

bullethead63

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Run what ya brung..." Paul Saint Clair
Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 01:30:01 am
The mill looks great...I hope my '59 Chief turns out that nice...
1959 Royal Enfield/Indian Chief 700~(RED)~1999 Bullet Deluxe 500 KS~(BLUE)~2000  Bullet Classic 500 KS~(WHITE)~2002 Bullet Classic 500 ES~(GREEN)~1973 Triumph Tiger 750~(BLUE & WHITE)~Ride-Wrench-Repeat~your results may vary~void where prohibited by law~batteries not included~some assembly required~

AB55TB

• Scooter
  • I love anything with a motor
Reply #6 on: April 22, 2013, 04:19:04 am
Wow that's a great job! Looks like you really got a
Piece of gold there, the trailblazer I'm working on has the Lucas distributor, an magneto, with the three green wires on the alternator...I just seen that yours has the starter on it, we have a ways to go before it will look as nice as your machine.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: April 22, 2013, 04:54:45 am
I don't have an electric start, what you see is the magneto which is getting converted to the Thorspark electronic ignition conversion. Originally these bikes are 6v positive ground, I ripped out all the old wiring and installed a 4BS AGM battery with a Sparx rectifier and converted all the electrical to 12v positive ground.

Scottie