Author Topic: Health Insurance was dropped  (Read 1439 times)

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
  • Royal Enfield , Let the good times roll.
on: April 19, 2013, 06:43:17 pm
My eye care provider no longer takes my insurance( and others) because they have not received a pay  raise in 5 years.

I was called to make an appointment. They want me to pay and fill a claim on my own. I said no thanks , I can purchase drug store reading glasses.

Thought I was fortunate to have health insurance.
Is this a new trend?
2008 ( AVL) Classic Bullet in British Racing Green
REA member # 84  (inactive)

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 10:15:43 pm
With all the crap that's going on with health insurance with our fine gummint screwing it up, you never know from day-to-day what's gong to happen!
Now that the jackasses who voted it in are starting to actually read it, I don't see much hope in any of it.
I had great insurance, I have my fears now, fo sho!
I always get Wally World reading glasses anyway!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:39:25 pm
I was reading the results of a survey the other day which was taken by thousands of Doctors.

Over 70 percent of them are seriously thinking about getting out of having patents and dealing with the  health care insurance mandated by our Government.

"Sure you'll get to see your doctor for that broken arm.  How about me setting up an appointment say....two months from tomorrow?"
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 11:42:24 pm
My premiums were increased last year.

I guess health insurance will be useless or too expensive in the very near future.

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 11:51:43 pm
Repozer, Bare, I know how you guys feel. I use to have great insurance through my employer, but it got so expensive for them that they had to switch to a high deductable policy. Now my wife,(Unemployed at this time) and I are responsible for the first $3000 of medical care, meds etc. Needless to say we see our doctor as a last resort!! Can't wait to see what happens next year!!! cochi   

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 07:43:18 pm
Ya gotta understand one of the goals with this mostly unread medical thing out there. It makes us old folks Obummer's Jews! He want to get rid of us and our medical ills.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

REpozer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 08:55:05 pm
Yeah , stay healthy and piss them all off.

No smoking, drinking, or sugar sodas.

I do like my double bacon cheese burger.

Bumboo

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 11:45:54 pm
Try being a small (marine service/repair) business that has been providing health insurance to our employees.  Our cost has gone up over 47% in three years with commensurate decreases in coverage.  At renewal time this year, I will probably be forced to drop all health care for employees and owner/partners.  Some of my employees are like family and it hurts to do it. Add to that increases in liability, workmans' comp, licensing fees, and major additional banking fees and charges and our 12 year business is barely breaking even.  We're told that new required health care provisions are driving up costs.   I don't know the answer, but the current model is broken and the new health care laws have only increased my overhead.  I conclude that too many people in government think I'm in business to lose money!  Ain't happening so heath care is all we have left to cut to stay afloat.   And our politicians can't even agree on what day it is!     

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 11:51:53 pm
Did you honestly think the people in the government believe in a business making money?

Just look at how the Government runs its business.  Take in 10.... Spend 100....  :(
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 12:38:05 am
I've come to the conclusion that our government is run by people who, to put in medical terms, suffer from chronic rectal cranial inversions. In layman terms, they have their heads up their arses!! cochi  :o   

single

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 03:05:00 am
I have a "Cadillac" (had) dental policy.
$100 per month,thru my retirement "plan".
Had it about a year when I discovered that it will pay for exactly nothing.Except for emergency extractions,and only part of those.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 11:55:38 pm
A lot of dental insurance policies are basically worthless unless you happen to be the insurance company offering it. :(
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe