Author Topic: Fiona's Repairs, redux  (Read 1247 times)

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
  • Mom Always Liked You Better...
on: September 22, 2012, 10:27:57 pm
So here I am in Dallas, and for the past three weeks there has been a disturbing lack of communication from the Enfield dealer's Service Dept. regarding the quote-to-repair they were supposed to do up for my insurance company... 

I finally got curious a few days ago and checked the claim status online... "Closed."

WTF?  ??? :o

I called the Claims Adjuster up and asked why my claim was listed as Closed. He said it was because they hadn't heard from the dealer.  So I called the dealership up and read them the Riot Act, then called the Claims Adjuster back and asked *him* to call them up and read them the Riot Act, and he said he'd have his Assessor go out to the dealership and light a fire under their asses in person...

Got a call from the Assessor yesterday. He had taken a second, closer look at Fiona, instead of relying totally on the dealer's Head of Service for the repairs...  Apparently the guy at the dealership was under the mistaken impression that I'd be agreeable to merely having the damaged parts repaired, rather than replaced. (Sheeeyeah-right... On a brand-new bike? Try again, buckwheat...)

Anyway, it seems they are also mystified at quoting the labor for the repairs; there is, as of yet, no "Crash Book" published by any insurer reflecting the "normal & accepted" labor rates for collision work on our bikes, and that the guys at the dealership were trying to get info from Enfield USA in Minnesota, to basically compile their own Crash Book. Anyway, it seems as progress is finally being made, and Fiona will be repaired in the not-too-distant future, although I'll not have a chance to ride her for the forseeable future (C'est a vie..)...

And according to the Manager at the dealership, the "problems" encountered earlier with people either not being able or not wanting to do their friggin' jobs has been resolved... Hopefully with malice aforethought and extreme prejudice.
-Dave
2012 C5 Special
Central Michigan, USA (when I'm not working somewhere else)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 11:26:32 pm
Good luck and stay on their butts. 
Because it takes a bit of work on their part, given a chance they will try to act like the problems have gone away and just let it sit.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 04:52:09 am
Dateline January 11th.  Today I got an email from the Claims Adjuster, who has been in contact with the Service Mgr of the RE dealer in Hastings, MI, where my beloved Fiona is *STILL* waiting for some damned replacement parts from Enfield USA or India or some damned place...

Hey, Kevin? Just who do I have to shoot to get my motorcycle fixed? It's been FIVE SIX GODDAM MONTHS ALREADY!!!!!!
-Dave
2012 C5 Special

The_Rigger

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 08:22:39 pm
March 15. Dateline: St. Louis, MO...  After what, seven months, is it?  Finally...  Spoke to Bryce at the dealership this morning, and all the remaining repair parts for Fiona are finally "on their way" (whether that's from Minnesota or India remains a mystery)... *EXCEPT* the exhaust pipe.

Right... I'm a patient man, but f**k this. "Hello, Hitchcocks?"

I've ordered the "exhaust system, '50s style (EFI)" part #91120, and taken a buyout on the insurance policy, which should just about pay for the deductable on Fiona's repairs.  *THAT* exhaust system is scheduled to be delivered from Old Blighty on March 21st, having been ordered four hours ago.

Hmmm... One week for a pipe from Hitchcock's, versus seven months for a pipe from Enfield USA, and Enfield USA can't even fill the friggin' order completely.  Gee, I wonder who's going to get my parts purchases and recommendations from here on out.

Took advantage of an extra day of OT pay to also order up a pair of Hagon shocks for Fiona's rear end...  Dave has to special-order the heavy-duty dampers for me, as I'm still "somewhat on the heavy side" (he said, putting it diplomatically), so they should be in my mailbox by the time I get home from the tour, later on this spring.

Ahhh, progress.  Finally, progress.
-Dave
2012 C5 Special