Author Topic: Interesting moto events?  (Read 1222 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
on: February 25, 2013, 10:05:33 pm
I stumbled across a notice for the British Iron Association Mass. Chapter’s
22nd Annual British Motorcycle Show & Swap Meet:

http://massbia.com/events/event_spring2012.html

Seems like it might be a fun thing - I'm not available, naturally.

Where does one find out about these events?  I would love to try to get to at least one such meet in a year, especially if it provides the opportunity to connect in person with some forum brethren...

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:40:33 pm
matt, I don't think they have a 2013 date set yet but watch this calender (if you are in the Mass area). 

http://massbia.com/events.html

Here's another good resource. This is the Larz Anderson Auto Museum which holds "lawn events" all summer/fall.  Different weekend, different events like "Porsche Day or European Motorcycle Day."  Went to the Euro bike day this past fall.  It was really cool - some amazing bikes. I had the only RE at the show!  Try kick starting a bike with a few hundred aficionados around.

http://larzanderson.org/events/lawn-events/2013lawnevents/

2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM

nymonzajr

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 11:13:46 pm
Every year (this will be 4th) I host the Covered Bridge Vintage Motorcycle Ride, in Walton NY.  It is always the 2nd Sat in August.

Each rider gets a route sheet and can ride the 60-100 mile loop with a group of buddies, some new friends, or enjoy their own speed alone.  We come back to my house for lunch, then do a bit shorter afternoon loop.  Last year over 45 old bikes attended.

While the Indian Bullets do not meet the 25 yr old requirement, in my mind they are 1955 motorcycles and would be welcome, since it is my ride anyway :-)

No cost, but we do pass the hat to cover gas for the chase truck and the chicken BBQ dinner.  It is a lot of fun, and folks come from all over NY, NJ, CT, MA and even NH.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 11:37:21 pm
Boggy-

Doh!  :-[  I didn't notice that was last year's date!!  I found mention of the meet on Craigs list, of all places, while looking for Enfields in New England (just being nosy).  I went back to the ad:

On Sunday May 26th 2013 (Memorial Day Weekend) the British Iron Association, Mass. Chapter will be holding its 23rd annual Motorcycle Show and Swap Meet at Singletary Rod and Gun Club, 300 Sutton Road, Oxford, MA. Come and see a great selection of classic bikes and browse the many vendor stalls. Food and refreshments will be available. The gate opens at 10:00 am and admission is just $8.00 for adults; children under 12 are FREE!

That's the correct date for this year!  Still can't make it, though!

Brookline is definitely doable... I have many friends and relations in the Boston area!

nymonzajr - Walton is a bit far for me... I will be down in Philadelphia that weekend anyway (in my car :( ) helping my Grandmother celebrate her 100th birthday!

But keep those ideas coming - I'm up for taking a trip with a goal in mind...