Author Topic: March 1st  (Read 1430 times)

redcat

• Grand Gearhead
on: February 24, 2013, 10:40:12 pm
We are a week away from the beginning of the Month that may not actually be officially Spring but just saying March seems to make you feel like you made it to the other side. The first weekend for us here there is no snow to contend with(although I don't know how Boggy faired). Its time to move all the stuff thats piled up behind the Enfield. Time to blow the dust off, reinstall the battery, make sure all the lights are working, check the chains and lube the cables. If it doesn't snow again in a couple of good rains the salt will be off the roads. WE are almost there.
Watch out for the guy behind the guy in front of you

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 11:33:52 pm
redcat -

More power to you!  WE have 6 fresh inches of new snow, and it's still falling...

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 03:35:29 am
We just got about 8" here in Denver and it's still coming down.

Scottie
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 03:37:21 am
When I lived in Wyoming, March first was usually start of the wet part of the winter, and that wasn't rain! It would be too cold to snow in January and February! You looked for dry stuff maybe around the middle of April or so. But I have seen it snow there on the 4th of July! As it went, you'd see a good day every couple of weeks or so and just go ride! It would probably be pretty damn cool and snowy off road, so that's where we'd ride. You'd warm up after picking up that 400 lb BSA 650 Scrambler a few times!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 04:03:41 am
It would probably be pretty damn cool and snowy off road, so that's where we'd ride. You'd warm up after picking up that 400 lb BSA 650 Scrambler a few times!

Growing up in Wisconsin, I had a '78 Kawasaki KE 125.  I used to love going out in the fresh snow on it and go raise hell in the 60 yard field behind my house.  I'd sit there doing donuts and drifting back and forth, wrapping full throttle, having a blast!  It was so fun that even when I wiped and fell over I'd just laugh my butt off.  Good times as a teenager.    ;D
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

Desi Bike

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 05:41:03 pm
Still just a teenager with many years experience...
میں نہیں چاہتا کہ ایک اچار
میں صرف اپنی موٹر سائیکل پر سوار کرنا چاہتے ہیں

boggy

• Grand Gearhead
  • Karma Ultra: 7
Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 07:18:48 pm
We did ok Tony. Mostly rain all day and the snow that fell, did not stick.  However, there are still piles all over the place that are as high as a Georgia Pine.

March can be a beast and the saying usually holds true: In like a lion, out like a lamb.  (Have kids in San Diego or Austin ever heard that saying or would it just sound mysterious to them?)

I still have so much to do!  Bike is 30 miles away in a proper garage that is just a few degrees warmer than outside temps, so I need warm days to work.  I need to do my fork seals(!) and put on a fresh clutch cable.  Those are the musts.  I also want to swap my clubman bars for some moto-x bars and put on some Dunlops.

March will be here fast, and over even faster.  Well chronologically that impossible, but I think you get me.

Stay warm until then Tony, and everyone else who is currently in the frost zone.

Boggy
2007 AVL
2006 DRZ400SM