Author Topic: Rode Yesterday having a snag  (Read 2912 times)

BrashRooster

• Bulleteer
  • Yeah I stepped in it.
on: February 20, 2013, 01:42:03 am
I thought it was the starter and had talked to the dealership mechanic about it. He suggested it was a gear at the end of the starter (is that a bendex?) but now I am not so sure. I figured I would wait until it was warm to ride her down there being it is far enough away I don't relish freezing to death. Now I think it has to do with the battery. Let me back up to Nov key in the ignition hit  the start button it kinda spins and some times it turns but I could kick it. Then another time the battery was weak so I had to kick it and rode a long ways. Great fantastic seems to hold a charge. Maybe not because now I can hit the start button and get NOTHING like nothing is connected. Kick starting worked. Finally yesterday the think didn't want to start or kick but by some magic it decided to fire up. I have noticed that after riding a ways the starter never fails or has any issues. Perhaps the 2011 is not holding a charge?

On a personal note HELLO EVERY ONE!!!!!! I've been exceptionally sick a lot so I had spent much of my time bed ridden, on a few occasions I felt well enough to say piss on being sick and piss on my doc I am riding!  :-) of course that was never a bright idea.

I love my C5 military edition it actually gets women talking to me. That is nothing short of a miracle I look like a bastard child of a hobit and a troll.
Signature

TWinOKC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:20:11 am
Weak battery or loose battery cables?
2010  C5  Teal
2011 Triumph Bonneville T100
2015 Scrambler Ducati

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:40:04 am
Brash:
Your starter does not have a Bendix unit.  There is a small gear on the end of the starter motor that feeds power directly to a gear train that is connected to the sprag clutch on the crankshaft.

Your description of what it is doing sounds exactly like what a undercharged battery would cause.
As TWinOKC mentioned, a loose battery cable would also do this.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 01:07:24 pm

I love my C5 military edition it actually gets women talking to me. That is nothing short of a miracle I look like a bastard child of a hobit and a troll.

Good luck with the girls, but reread your Tolkien. Hobbits & trolls cannot interbreed  ;)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

mplayle

• Bulleteer
Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 01:40:47 pm
Read your Xanth novels: with an accomodation spell, any interbreeding is possible.

;)    :o

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 06:52:39 pm
Gotta go with the deadish battery.
Get a AGM and forget battery troubles.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

BrashRooster

• Bulleteer
  • Yeah I stepped in it.
Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 06:52:16 am
Read your Xanth novels: with an accomodation spell, any interbreeding is possible.

;)    :o

Good old Piers Anthony and his Xanth Trilogy first and second ones........ I can never forget the cat ass trophe no matter how hard I try.

Weak battery agreed. Ok other then the seat coming apart or well the cover separated under neath and looks unsightly. I don't under stand why they cant glue the seat cover flaps back down at the shop. If Kevin would let me do it with out it being a void of warrenty or something I would take it off and reglue it with a stronger adhesive. Ahem hint hint Kevin.  ::)  Saves you a buck and I don't have to take the damned thing off drive all that way so they can debate on how they are going to glue it down. I guess I could have just went and did it but damned I had to mention it to the dealer. Like hey how come the glue failed isn't it hot in India. It isn't a big deal but I am kinda particular with my C5 Military. I keep it in a heated garage. No joke, that is my baby. I can not stress enough how happy I am to have her. 3500 miles and she is a dream. I wish you all could see me every time I ride it. Few things bring me joy but that bike is my pride and joy, To me it is the greatest bike ever made. She kinda fits me you know. Olive is my girl. I just bought a Serbian rucksack to go with the bike. Soon as it gets warm I got a dame in Memphis waiting for me to come visit. Half Cherokee, quarter black and a quarter white, just the prettiest girl ever, She is 34 like me and I will be going there on the C5 and that will be our only ride while there. I know the C5 is a trooper no doubt so it will be fun to have a hot chick on the back of a sexy bike! This little hobbit/troll (Xanth) got something right. 
Signature

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 11:36:15 am
i wouldn't worry about what the dealer said - i'd just glue it down.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 06:41:34 pm
It's that Indian glue. About the same quality as Indian batteries.
Not to belittle Indians in any way, but just some of the stuff they make!
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 07:33:19 pm
...............I love my C5 military edition it actually gets women talking to me. That is nothing short of a miracle I look like a bastard child of a hobit and a troll.

You are in good company....   Last time I looked in a mirror I frightened myself !
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 01:55:35 am

Good old Piers Anthony and his Xanth Trilogy first and second ones........ I can never forget the cat ass trophe no matter how hard I try. 

Crewel Lye & Ogre, Ogre spring to mind. Some are lost in the haze.

Good luck with your Cherokee Woman.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

BrashRooster

• Bulleteer
  • Yeah I stepped in it.
Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 01:37:09 am
about her, yeah I hope things go well. I get nervous seeing women too far from home. I was wild in my youth and reckless as hell. Met some women far from home and ended up in some bad situations.

The bike has been a champ lately other then the battery. I have been riding in this cold. A degree above freezing is just warm enough I don't freeze to death. I have raynolds pretty bad so I have to take extra caution because I don't want to lose toes and fingers.

Xanth hmmm maybe I should buy them for Kindle
Signature