Author Topic: Finished My Custom Seat  (Read 1244 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
on: February 18, 2013, 01:47:07 am
I couldn't stand the color or the bulkiness of the original seat on my Indian, so a while back I decided to build a custom seat.  I made a fiberglass seat pan and trimmed it all out,  and then installed a single mounting bolt.   Next I glued down some base foam and then a layer of 2" memory foam.  I then cut out my material from a black canvas seat cover and hand stitched all the seams.  It's kind of rough right now, but I'll clean up all the seams once I have my sewing machine fixed.

You can also see my side mount license plate mount with the '33 Ford Roadster taillight that I installed too. The rear fender is really rough as you can see, but I'm going to be cutting it high and tight and trimming down the fender mounts.  That and the custom paint are in the very near future.   Scottie

2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ERC

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 04:04:58 pm
Looking good almost ready for one of your nice paint jobs. Is it running well now?  ERC
2-57 Apaches, 2-57 Trailblazers, 60 Chief, 65 Interceptor, 2004 Bullet, 612 Bullet chopped.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 04:27:00 pm
Thanks!  I don't have it running right yet, unfortunately.  I just don't have $300 to drop on an ignition right now.  I do have everything ready to go to install the ignition once I actually have it, hopefully I'll have it ordered at the beginning of March.  I just might end up painting the bike 1st, I don't know.    :)
2001 Harley Davidson Road King