Author Topic: Tachometer reccomendations  (Read 1665 times)

nymonzajr

• Scooter
on: February 16, 2013, 07:03:20 pm
I am thinking I would like to put an electronic tach on the  06 iron head so I don't over rev it.  Has anyone done this?  I see Ngear has a Lucas one, but at that price it won't happen.  A scitsu tach is a couple hundred, but does not look period, but that does not matter to me and I would like to spend less than that.

Must be a bunch of different ones available out there.  The bikes I have, if they have a tach, it is mechanical so I am not sure when electric tachs entered the market.
Thanks.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:21:19 pm
I am thinking I would like to put an electronic tach on the  06 iron head so I don't over rev it.  Has anyone done this?  I see Ngear has a Lucas one, but at that price it won't happen.  A scitsu tach is a couple hundred, but does not look period, but that does not matter to me and I would like to spend less than that.

Must be a bunch of different ones available out there.  The bikes I have, if they have a tach, it is mechanical so I am not sure when electric tachs entered the market.
Thanks.

If you call up Chumma, he can get you fixed up with the same tach like Chuck has. It's a nice VDO that is handlebar mounted.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

cochi

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 04:34:27 am
Nymonzarj, If you have converted your Bullet to an electronic ignition like a Boyer Brandson, you can pick up a nice tach that looks period correct from J&P Cycles for about $50.00. Most after market electric tachs are designed for twin cylinder motors. Since the Boyer ignition also sparks during the exhaust stroke, a tach designed for a twin can be used. I picked one up made for a Harley for $50.00 about  4 years ago and it's still working nicely. cochi :)